Author Topic: Kisan pathblazer modulated last night  (Read 3745 times)

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
Kisan pathblazer modulated last night
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »
All I could do last night was scream DAMNIT!  I installed about a week ago and has been working fine, but last night I went to pop on high beams and I was greeted with modulating lights. Pitch black outside. Needles to say I turned off high beams and rode with low beams only.  Anyone experience this before?  To top it all off, when I got home and decided to test again, the high beams worked normally.
Will

Offline usttobee50

• She rides a Harley,and I thought I wanted a C-14
Re: Kisan pathblazer modulated last night
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:45:41 AM »
All I could do last night was scream DAMNIT!  I installed about a week ago and has been working fine, but last night I went to pop on high beams and I was greeted with modulating lights. Pitch black outside. Needles to say I turned off high beams and rode with low beams only.  Anyone experience this before?  To top it all off, when I got home and decided to test again, the high beams worked normally.

Roadie.........This will happen on occasion, I think it is caused by a flood of bright light hitting the photocel that prevents your headlites from flashing when dark. I have the Kissan unit on my Mean Streak and this does happen happen on rare occasions. If you leave it alone, it stops after 8 or 9 flashes. I've not had any problems with mine in 5 years of use. Not sure exactly why this happens, but if you call Kissan, they can explain much better than I  8)
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2005 Mean Streak, Pearl Magma Red
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver

Offline roadie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 07:55:47 AM »
Can't stand it...happened again this morning, but at least armed with your info, I was waiting for it to stop...did after 8 flashes.  I mean it is pitch frickin black out and no light in sight.  Last thing I need is Virginia's Finest pulling me over for flashing at night.  I'll call Kisan today, and ask them wtf.
Will

Offline usttobee50

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 08:04:10 AM »
<> <> <> 10-4 Roadie.... If you will, post back with the info from Kissan.  :D ;D 8)
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver

Offline roadie

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »
Spoke with Kisan this afternoon.  They said I need to reset the sensitivity of the sensor and gave me the steps.  Its probably in the manual...surprised they didn't tell me to RTFM.

1.  Park in the sun
2. Turn high beam switch on
3. Turn ignition to on and off three times
4.  on third time, leave at "on" position
5.  headlights should flash slowly 4 times, which is confirmation that the sensitivity has been reset.
6.  Ride bike like a bat outta hell (or a lil old lady like me, my idea of a peel out is tire spin out a lil at a red light because roads are wet from rain)

Just need to find some sunlight now...dark when i get to work and dark when i come home...
Will

Offline jerhofer

• Jerry Forthofer's Car & Bike Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
Spoke with Kisan this afternoon.  They said I need to reset the sensitivity of the sensor and gave me the steps.  Its probably in the manual...surprised they didn't tell me to RTFM.

1.  Park in the sun
5.  headlights should flash slowly 4 times, which is confirmation that the sensitivity has been reset.
6.  Ride bike like a bat outta hell (or a lil old lady like me, my idea of a peel out is tire spin out a lil at a red light because roads are wet from rain)

Just need to find some sunlight now...dark when i get to work and dark when i come home...

Haven't ridden mine in the dark yet but I will keep the information above in case I have the same issue.
2008 Concours 14, Rick Mayer seat, Kisan Signal Minder, Kisan Headlight Modulator, OEM Top Case, GPS Mount

www.jerryforthofer.wordpress.com

Offline usttobee50

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »

1.  Park in the sun

Thanks Roadie....I figured they would be helpful, they have great products and service.   ;D 8)
[/b][/font][/size][/color][/b]
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 04:11:44 AM »

It's what I would say.  They're nicer than me, though.  You forgot the step where you twirl around three times and howl like a wolf.

Seriously folks, this is good stuff and thanks for bringing that procedure to the forum, Roadie...   :thumbs: :goodpost:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 06:34:26 AM »
Can't stand it...happened again this morning, but at least armed with your info, I was waiting for it to stop...did after 8 flashes.  I mean it is pitch frickin black out and no light in sight.  Last thing I need is Virginia's Finest pulling me over for flashing at night.  I'll call Kisan today, and ask them wtf.

Roadie, youre in VA? Where at?  I'm in Newport News.

Offline roadie

UPDATED: Re: Kisan pathblazer modulated last night
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 08:00:52 AM »
Tried the sequence Kisan tech support gave me over the phone to reset the pathfinder and realized they were BS!  Here's how it actually works (and this time I RTFM).

1.  flip on your high beams.
2.  TURN ON (motor running) Connie.
3.  flip high beams off and on 3 times.  Leave on 3 time
4.  watch lights flash four times, new settings saved.

There's some other neat schtuff in the manual so not a bad idea to read (physician heal thy self).

W
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:13:02 PM by Roadie »
Will

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 05:05:30 AM »
Thanks for the feedback...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.