Author Topic: Cigarette smoking and E-cigs  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
Cigarette smoking and E-cigs
« on: June 16, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »

Hey all I have not smoked since Easter!! I do however "smoke"" an e-cig, don't know if there are any "vapors" in here,but I am kinda knowledgeable if you do or are thinking about quitting and want to know more about these things.. feel free to post or pm me.

Mike
 BTW--don't buy the 7-11 type e-cigs
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Cigarette smoking and E-cigs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »
Doesnt the E-cig keep contributing to the "habit portion" of smoking? Getting your body free of the horrific toxins, poisons and damage from ingesting is one battle......but the habit of having a cig in your hand or mouth is a whole other can of worms. A friend of mine that has successfully quit smoking says there is only "1" way to quit, and that is to totally quit. I hope you stay strong and keep smoke free, but get rid of that pacifier you suck on. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 03:34:00 PM »
Doesnt the E-cig keep contributing to the "habit portion" of smoking? Getting your body free of the horrific toxins, poisons and damage from ingesting is one battle......but the habit of having a cig in your hand or mouth is a whole other can of worms. A friend of mine that has successfully quit smoking says there is only "1" way to quit, and that is to totally quit. I hope you stay strong and keep smoke free, but get rid of that pacifier you suck on. ;)
    Friend Eh??
   So I guess you are not the target demo I was speaking to..........................
      But we should ride sometime if ya want since you are in town!
       Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline joelberg

• Arena
  • 70k and ticking
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »
I've got an e-cig but I'm not trying to quit smoking, I just like to have it around so I can smoke vape indoors and in prohibited areas.   This thread ( http://bbs.freetalklive.com/hijack-free-zone/the-un-definitive-e-cigs-thread/ ) though has an enormous amount of information on the stuff though.  I've tried a lot of flavors and really dig the electric cigarette, but don't really plan on quitting the real thing any time soon.  I think though that if I did decide to quit smoking that the e-cig would be the ticket. 
Connie may not be the lightest, prettiest, or quickest around, but she sure gives me one heck of a ride!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 05:29:14 PM »
I've got an e-cig but I'm not trying to quit smoking, I just like to have it around so I can smoke vape indoors and in prohibited areas.   This thread ( /]http://bbs.freetalklive.com/hijack-free-zone/the-un-definitive-e-cigs-thread/[/b] ) though has an enormous amount of information on the stuff though.  I've tried a lot of flavors and really dig the electric cigarette, but don't really plan on quitting the real thing any time soon.  I think though that if I did decide to quit smoking that the e-cig would be the ticket.
those people get real nasty towards the end of the thread

Offline joelberg

• Arena
  • 70k and ticking
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 05:33:09 PM »
those people get real nasty towards the end of the thread
Shoulda warned about that  :-\
Connie may not be the lightest, prettiest, or quickest around, but she sure gives me one heck of a ride!

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »
I've got an e-cig but I'm not trying to quit smoking, I just like to have it around so I can smoke vape indoors and in prohibited areas.   This thread ( http://bbs.freetalklive.com/hijack-free-zone/the-un-definitive-e-cigs-thread/ ) though has an enormous amount of information on the stuff though.  I've tried a lot of flavors and really dig the electric cigarette, but don't really plan on quitting the real thing any time soon.  I think though that if I did decide to quit smoking that the e-cig would be the ticket.
[ /quote]

One of the reasons thats cool is there is no plan,,, it might just happen....I 've had this stuff on hand since 06/09 always and never got serious till whenever easter was (4/26?)...........so it may work-I dig not smoking cigarettes & I got a C=14 and change back as  wife and I did it together!!!!!

Mike 

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »
One of the reasons thats cool is there is no plan,,, it might just happen....I 've had this stuff on hand since 06/09 always and never got serious till whenever easter was (4/26?)...........so it may work-I dig not smoking cigarettes & I got a C=14 and change back as  wife and I did it together!!!!!

Whoops posted wrong

Mike

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »
    Friend Eh??
   So I guess you are not the target demo I was speaking to..........................
      But we should ride sometime if ya want since you are in town!
       Mike

I must warn you though......I don't stop riding for smoke breaks. ;D
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 10:59:55 PM »
  I quit smoking at 47 yrs old right after bypass surgery. Best thing that ever happened to me. 22 yrs later I'm still here!! ;D
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
I must warn you though......I don't stop riding for smoke breaks. ;D
  Thats cool food & fuel!!
           Mike

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 05:30:30 AM »
Y'all may be off cigs but you're still hooked on nicotine.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline joelberg

• Arena
  • 70k and ticking
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »
Y'all may be off cigs but you're still hooked on nicotine.
Ethyl Alcohol and Caffeine too