Author Topic: This heat sucks  (Read 9793 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: This heat sucks
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »
You should see what I'm, upgrading to!  Pics at home (oops), lets just say it's vastly more remote.  Lake has Small Mouth Bass, and Black Crappie, filetable size.  Learned how to swim in that water, pulled many a log, and cut/dug out a lifetime supply of balckberries.  Doggone city is surrounding me and I gotta go :(

Offline okxd45

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
I'm just the opposite. I'll take the cooler temps anytime. I can dress warmer but when it's hot, not a whole lot you can do except sweat.

I second that!  Way too many days over 100 here in SW OK!  You guys in the Great NW make me ill...... ;D
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Stasch

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 03:31:39 PM »
Woke up this Morning, looked at the temp gauge, checked the calendar.  It looked like January, 41 degrees this Morning, and, yep, it's June.  What is this heat you speak of?

I envy you as this is not our January weather.

Change the temp to 34 degrees and you have our late March / early April weather tantalizing the hollow eyed, gaunt faced riders emergenging from hibernation with the hint of a beginning of riding season, providing the snow and ice has melted. 

One must be careful to guard their optimism as more snow and ice are still possible.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 07:41:03 PM »
I won't complain about our IL temps, but this flippin' rain! Any damn time it wants to stop for a while is ok with me.  >:(
"Always take the long way home."

Offline timmerz

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 04:47:16 AM »
Got home from work about 6:30pm Wednesday (H O T) and took off the Frank Thomas and the wife could not believe how drenched I was....all I could do was say, "Yeah, but what a great ride!"....what else can you say?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 04:49:05 AM »
I won't complain about our IL temps, but this flippin' rain! Any damn time it wants to stop for a while is ok with me.  >:(

Where you at in IL? I'm up near DeKalb.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline medicevans

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 06:11:26 AM »
+1 it rains on my way to work then is sunny when I leave. I hate it! I hate driving my truck. I have put less than 300 miles on it in three weeks and I work 50 miles away.

Where in IL? I'm in Champaign.

Offline booger

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 06:41:55 PM »
Yep, it's definately hot.  Almost tempted to go from ATGATT back to my old do-rag and fingerless gloves.  Not quite there, but tempted.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
104° today. Way too hot.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2011, 09:11:58 PM »
104° today. Way too hot.

111° here.  I win!................or lose. :(
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline medicevans

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 09:16:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna go with the second half of that.........

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »
I'm over in Channahon, a little sw of Joliet.

I just looked at an extended forecast, 8 out of the next ten days they're calling for some sort of rain.  :banghead:  Now they aren't always right but I've gotten caught in the rain more times this year than any in the past.

Yeah, I can't stand driving my old work van either.
"Always take the long way home."