Author Topic: What's yellow and leads The Tour de France?  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Slideways

What's yellow and leads The Tour de France?
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:25:37 PM »
Nope not some guy in yellow jersey but a big yellow Connie. Kawasaki has been the official motorcycle of the tour since 1978 (I think, that may need a fact check). The staff bikes are Connies including the Course Leader Timeboard bike which is always at or near the front with the passenger holding up a chalk board which displays the time gap the leader or break away has on the main bunch (peleton). I have ridden as moto support in several races and it can be the best seat in the house.
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
Re: What's yellow and leads The Tour de France?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 09:15:18 AM »
It looked like the last two days, the Connie with the leader timing board was white this time. I have noticed the yellow the last couple years and that color looks great! I like the white also.

Offline Slideways

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »
I swear mine will be pained white some day. I love how people move out of my way on the freeway especially 'cause they think I'm a cop. If the bike was white it would only enhance the 'cop' effect. I'm watching every day so I will be looking for the color of the CL Timeboard bike.

You're right! Watching right now as Simon Clarke got dropped and the the CL bike is indeed white.
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
I swear mine will be pained white some day. I love how people move out of my way on the freeway especially 'cause they think I'm a cop. If the bike was white it would only enhance the 'cop' effect.
I've got an 06, and the blue is nearly the same color as the NY State Troopers use for their cars.  I've got some retroreflective yellow tape that I'm going to put down the sides of the bike to enhance the illusion.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157