Author Topic: excuses for a Shoei Neotec [EDIT: got it!!!]  (Read 22914 times)

Offline TJ

Re: excuses for a Shoei Neotec [EDIT: got it!!!]
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2012, 02:30:28 PM »
Am guessing that is what they are, what are they used for?
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »
You should have an anti fog shield to snap into place using them... it should have come with gratis...
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline TJ

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2012, 11:14:22 PM »
You should have an anti fog shield to snap into place using them... it should have come with gratis...

I see the fog shield, thanks. Should or read the instructions, lol

BTY took a ride tonight. Nice helmet! Flip down sun screen is really cool. But helmet is not really that much quieter than my old 1000.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2012, 06:01:19 AM »
Almost an exact copy of the Bombaider helmets we bought for running snow mobiles 10-12 years ago.
Those were actually Lazer Revolutions, made in Belgium, badged by Bombardier.
Came with a double-glazed visor and the option to have a heated visor.
http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/lazer-revolution
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline marku8a

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »
Mine arrived a few weeks ago. I decided on a medium but it was way too tight at the cheeks. I contacted Shoie before the purchase and confirmed that they will swap the cheek pads at no charge except the postage required to send the original pads to them. I did that and now the fit is perfect.

I have about 500 miles riding with it now. It’s the best venting helmet I have owned (had quite a few). The noise increase is not terrible. The weight for my medium is 1741g vs 1507g for my Arai Quantum or a 16% increase.

The most surprising thing to me is that the way the face opening is configured. I can now see the instrument cluster and mirrors in my peripheral vision. This was completely blocked with my Arai. One time while I was riding with my Arai, a forest service emergency vehicle was behind me with all the zillion lights blazing but I didn’t notice until they hit the siren to get my attention. I had no clue they were back there. Not a problem with the Shoie.

Glad that I made the investment.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline qyetman

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2012, 08:37:43 PM »
I too just received a new silver Neotec after a 6 week wait (silver was back ordered). Great helmet with cool new features, but it is twice as noisy as my old RF1000 and it is 13 years old. The vents work great but also increase the noise level. Rode in temps from 65 to 100 F and was comfortable the entire time. I only have about 900 miles of riding on it so far. Hopefully once I get speakers mounted in it I won't notice the wind noise as much. :-\

Offline TJ

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2012, 01:59:51 AM »
I too just received a new silver Neotec after a 6 week wait (silver was back ordered). Great helmet with cool new features, but it is twice as noisy as my old RF1000 and it is 13 years old. The vents work great but also increase the noise level. Rode in temps from 65 to 100 F and was comfortable the entire time. I only have about 900 miles of riding on it so far. Hopefully once I get speakers mounted in it I won't notice the wind noise as much. :-\

Please keep us posted what speakers you are installing and how the install went.
Thanks

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2013, 06:10:06 PM »
Ok, yet another reason I'm loving this Neotec I bought this past summer... Not sure why I took so long to try it out but this morning I installed the Pinlock anti-fog lens that comes in the box with the Neotec, WOW!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've always just cracked the bottom of my helmet shield a bit in the winter months to keep from fogging up the shield, installed this thing today and went for a nice ride (temps in the mid-30's) with the helmet shield fully down the entire time and it worked awesome, no fogging at all.  :)

Why the heck did I wait so long to install it...  :banghead: :nuts:

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2013, 06:14:26 PM »
I have the Pinlock in the Multitec and it works great.  Otherwise I would be freezing on the way to work.

devilboy

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
Love my Neotec.  Have a black Hi Gloss  since  April of this year.    went down wearing a multitec at 45 mph and hit head first , had the shield up slightly and helmet was trashed  but it did its job...  No Damage to  my head  and even removed helmet before EMTS came and they gave me s**t about it. but didnt have any neck issues , ringing in ears or even a headache....
Multitec  ventilation is horrible in comparison and it you have a Shoei shaped head  it is your best bet...  you can fix ANY other part of your body but your brain....My head is worth $500+