Author Topic: Side bag key knobs  (Read 19507 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Side bag key knobs
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 06:21:20 AM »
If the Kipass key is a problem, why not have a conventional key made and use it?  It works.

Ummmmm, yup.  I think that is what the whole thread is about.  Just sayin.

Oh and welcome to the forum.   ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
Where is everyone getting the extra keys? Can Lows or Home depot just cut them from a blank?

Slaters Hardware  in Lancaster Ohio. I had 4 made for 2 bucks a pop on my way down US 33 on the way to the Hocking Hills. I knew I was in business when he asked if " that Kawasaki key was left or right handed"
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »
Slaters Hardware  in Lancaster Ohio. I had 4 made for 2 bucks a pop on my way down US 33 on the way to the Hocking Hills. I knew I was in business when he asked if " that Kawasaki key was left or right handed"

I tried 3 different locksmiths here locally and none of them had it in stock. One of them asked how many I wanted and ordered them ..... wrong offset on them. Knowing what I know now, sounds like Slaters knows what he is doing....... (but I am no where near Ohio)
I ended up ordering 4 blanks from ebay and had them cut locally. My intention is to make a couple key-knobs, but I just havent found the knob .................... you know, that just isnt sounding the way I want it to so I am gonna stop right there.  :yikes:
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »
Where is everyone getting the extra keys? Can Lows or Home depot just cut them from a blank?

My local dealer had the blanks and made them for $3 each. Be careful, there are 2 types of blanks, mirror image from one another and each type will not work in the other's lock.

Offline timber20

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »
 The fourth place I tried was finally able to make me a set of keys. I thought the hard part was over. >:(  Now I'm having a tough time finding a Cap/Knob that will work. I am also looking to do the same with my Givi E55 and will be looking for a Cap/Knob for that too. any ideas?

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
The fourth place I tried was finally able to make me a set of keys. I thought the hard part was over. >:(  Now I'm having a tough time finding a Cap/Knob that will work. I am also looking to do the same with my Givi E55 and will be looking for a Cap/Knob for that too. any ideas?

Take a walk down the sauce aisle at Walmart, plenty of bottle tops to choose from.

Excavator

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »

Nothing beats the toilet bowl caps.  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 04:46:04 AM »

Take your pick.    :)

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
Do you have any knobs that go up to 11?
I need my bags to go up to 11.
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline Conrad

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »
I think that 10 is as high as they go.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline timber20

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »
Nothing beats the toilet bowl caps.  ;)

I'm going to WalMart and Home Depot today to look for knobs, Where did yoy find "Black" toilet bowl caps?
I also like the seat on your bike Excavator. What kind of seat is that?

Excavator

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 06:28:12 PM »
I'm going to WalMart and Home Depot today to look for knobs, Where did yoy find "Black" toilet bowl caps?
I also like the seat on your bike Excavator. What kind of seat is that?

The black knobs came from Lowe's.

To be honest, I'm not sure about that seat, I bought it from a member here. It is cut too low for my long legs (hurts my knees after a while) but I plan to add a sheet of memory foam to the front section to get back up to factory level and incorporate a smuggler or small trunk into the passenger part of it (don't like trunks hanging off the rear rack). I would be willing to trade that seat for a stocker if a rider with short legs was in need of it.

Glynn