Author Topic: Testing the Rostra cruise control  (Read 25699 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Testing the Rostra cruise control
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 10:17:04 AM »
Says the guy standing in the dark, holding his fob....

Brian

Candles! Candles!....The Mighty Awsome powaah of KIPASS don't need no stinkin' badg candles!  :D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »
Says the guy standing in the dark, holding his fob....

Brian

But enjoying the warm glow of awesomeness exuding from his fob with a fresh new battery.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »
I see that I cant keep the thread that I started asking for help. Mine got merged with an old thread.

I didn't see the need for yet another Rostra testing thread when one was just active a few weeks ago...  please don't take offense (I am not sure why you would in any case) it is just standard housekeeping as what I perceive to be part of my mandate.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 03:36:48 PM »
A mandate is it? You running for congress next?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
You have actually seen is fob glow and exude? I mean I've heard the stories and maybe even told that one a few times itself but..... really, it glows?

:rotflmao:

Brian

But enjoying the warm glow of awesomeness exuding from his fob with a fresh new battery.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 03:42:07 PM »
A mandate is it? You running for congress next?

I think I would rather have extensive dental work or something
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »

You have actually seen is fob glow and exude? I mean I've heard the stories and maybe even told that one a few times itself but..... really, it glows?

Brian

Don't mean to fob brag, but not only does it glow, mine also goes to eleven. 

sailor_chic

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 09:01:46 PM »
I didn't see the need for yet another Rostra testing thread when one was just active a few weeks ago...  please don't take offense (I am not sure why you would in any case) it is just standard housekeeping as what I perceive to be part of my mandate.

I am not offended,  but look at the help that was offered by merging my need for advice with a thread that has been active for weeks. 
Generally housekeeping is fine after the party, not right after invites are sent out. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:14 AM »

Brian

I can see the glow form stevewfl's FOB from my porch  ;D

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 12:36:34 PM »
OK, enough about glowing fobs.

sailor_chic, I see from the other thread that you got your Rostra working. Congrats, you are going to love it I'm sure. However, enquiring minds want to know...

Did the candles and waving fob work...or did you just give up on diagnostic mode and go out and test it....or did you find the problem that was preventing the diagnostic mode from working the way you expected it....or did I not see the post explaining all of this....or what?

sailor_chic

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 05:48:09 AM »
Marty, Thank you! It was a very time consuming install and for some reason still unknown, I was having problems with the diagnostic mode. I had a  phone call or two with Brian, and he walked me through my connections and tested some things, and he said I was good to go, regardless of what the test lights on unit showed. So I took the bike for a little ride with half of the fairing removed and the unit engaged as it should. Today will be a 300+ mile test.
Many thanks to Brian for his time and expertice

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 06:31:17 AM »
Marty, Thank you! It was a very time consuming install and for some reason still unknown, I was having problems with the diagnostic mode. I had a  phone call or two with Brian, and he walked me through my connections and tested some things, and he said I was good to go, regardless of what the test lights on unit showed. So I took the bike for a little ride with half of the fairing removed and the unit engaged as it should. Today will be a 300+ mile test.

+1 I've done 2 installs and both times I didn't get the diagnostic mode to work but the Rostra works fine on both bikes.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »
Glad to help if I can. And you really should post those photos of the install- they may embarrass some of us to do better work in the future (seriously).

I think you will really like the CC on that bike- finally you will be free to read, knit or even take a little nap while still making good time toward your destination. :-)

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2015, 10:00:02 AM »
Yeah, they can be finicky to get into diagnostic mode and I have no idea why. Electronics in general are not 'finicky' either so not sure what is going on there. The Rostra is a fine, robust unit that serves very well but I do not think it was designed by Steve Wozniak, if you know what I mean....  ;)

Brian

+1 I've done 2 installs and both times I didn't get the diagnostic mode to work but the Rostra works fine on both bikes.

sailor_chic

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »
Glad to help if I can. And you really should post those photos of the install- they may embarrass some of us to do better work in the future (seriously).

I think you will really like the CC on that bike- finally you will be free to read, knit or even take a little nap while still making good time toward your destination. :-)

Brian

I posted some photos here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=18000.645

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2015, 08:23:20 AM »

sailor_chic

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2015, 08:28:03 AM »
Very nice/clean installation

Thank you :)

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »
I have a Audiovox C100 that's I never got around to installing on my C10.  I'd like a cruise the C14, should I get a Rostra or install the C100?
COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2015, 01:56:02 PM »
I have a Audiovox C100 that's I never got around to installing on my C10.  I'd like a cruise the C14, should I get a Rostra or install the C100?

Rostra! Totally electronic and no vacuum canister. Easy to connect to the speed sensor.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 08:44:04 AM »
Rostra! Totally electronic and no vacuum canister. Easy to connect to the speed sensor.

Hmmm....   Guess I need to sell the C100. 
COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,