Author Topic: GTR 1000 Carburettor Floats  (Read 8780 times)

Offline LT South Africa

Re: GTR 1000 Carburettor Floats
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 11:05:20 AM »
Thanx mate. She runs okay. Just sluggish on pull off requiring added throttle. And when you gear back and then accelerate she lags for a second as if starving of fuel. Or maybe she is getting too much oxygen. Otherwise no complaints. Oh and yes. She is much noisier than my former bike. 😎

Offline LT South Africa

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 12:23:44 PM »
Just to let you guys know. I did a search and it seems that the carbs I have on my Connie actually seem to come from the Honda Nighthawk 700/750. So at the end of the day I am never going to get them to run a 1000cc engine. But I am just going to have to live with it for awhile until I can source and afford the original carbs.  Thanx for all your help guys. Your input was priceless. Well done......!

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 07:14:49 PM »
I don't know how easy it is for you to get carbs in SA but used ones are quite common here and not very expensive.

If you want to buy a set I recommend posting a want to buy post here and seeing if anyone has a set they would sell.

You can get them directly from ebay too. carbs are such a bitch even for bikes with the OEM ones, your bike will never run properly w/o the right set.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 09:19:20 AM »
Buying used carbs can be a real gamble too... It is like a box of chocolates... you never know what your going to get.
I would probably try and buy them from the USA ebay or forum  and have them shipped directly  to Sunny Steve to have them checked out , re jetted/rebuilt before  having them shipped to SA. (Along with a new air box and filter and the rubber parts needed to hook the carbs to the air box and the engine)
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle