Author Topic: Reset low tire pressure warning?  (Read 5757 times)

Offline RBX QB

Re: Reset low tire pressure warning?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »
I have to agree with this. This manual is worse than any I have had. Honda manuals were always top notch, and my 1986 Kawasaki ZX1000R manual was much better than the one that came with the Concours. Something went awry with their manual translating efforts. I wonder if they tried to automate the process rather than use human translators.

Didn't someone discover that the newer manuals ('12+) have a better translation? I'm too busy (ie "lazy) to go find it in the forum.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 03:56:29 PM »
Didn't someone discover that the newer manuals ('12+) have a better translation? I'm too busy (ie "lazy) to go find it in the forum.

That was me.  I discovered they fixed a few of the more infamous errors.  However, once I started digging into it again, it turned out to be largely unchanged.  The quote I made, above, was from the 2013 manual.

I mean, really, although some sections are muddy and would need clarification, I could "fix" the rest of the entire manual in probably just a day or two, it is not like it would cost them that much.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »
@$200 a pop that would be expensive toilet paper. Not to mention liability for paper cuts......

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
Of course they could have done better. I even have a pretty good idea why they did not but would not voice that thought. Back to the point though, I do not think it is that bad and I have not been thrown yet, that I know of, in taking the information away from the manual. I also freely admit to using it much more as a general guide than an exact document and feel free to violate whatever it might specify when I disagree with it.

But again, overall, I think the C-14 is a great bike and is a pleasure to own. If I have to take a bit of pain, and all of us always do have to take <some> amount of pain, better it is in the poor language skills used in the writing of the manual rather than the poor assembly skills of the handbar installers.  :yikes:

I think we would all like utter perfection. I personally am happy with the nearest thing to it, which is day- to- day life.

Brian

Actually, there are times I really don't know what they are trying to say.  And although amusing, at times, it can be rather frustrating and slow to read.  I do wish they would have paid someone to do a PROPER translation.  There is no excuse for this from a major company like Kawasaki and in this century.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com