Author Topic: Brake light fuse/ electrical issue?  (Read 5304 times)

Offline Afm252

Brake light fuse/ electrical issue?
« on: June 02, 2011, 06:44:23 AM »
Gents,
Going to take the bike back in for a check. Original diagnosis is blown fuse causing brake light and front running lights to be inoperable. Thought it was fixed, but noticed they were inop before my ride into work this morning. Replaced the fuse, had them working again. By the time I got to work the fuse was blown again.  ???

More to follow...
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"
07 CBR 600rr Blue/ Silver
98 CBR 600 F3 "Desert Storm"

Offline koval68

Re: Brake light fuse/ electrical issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 07:31:03 AM »
Any recent electrical add-ons ?
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Bob

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:00:37 AM »
I'm thinking that it's probably a pinched or rubbed wire somewhere!

Offline stewart

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
Mice?????
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »
Not likely, mice eat through wires and cause open circuits, not short (closed) circuits and it is only a short circuit that will pop fuses.

Brian

Mice?????
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Flathead

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
Not likely, mice eat through wires and cause open circuits, not short (closed) circuits and it is only a short circuit that will pop fuses.

Brian
Unless they were interrupted ;D

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 06:26:48 PM »
Still unlikely: they would have to chew through the insulation of at least one wire and have the bare part of the wire contact something conductive and grounded (like the frame).

To the original poster, you most likely have a pinched wire somewhere in the circuit that is blowing fuses. You can unplug the front marker lights but I believe you have to take the fairings off to do that.

Brian

Unless they were interrupted ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Afm252

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »
Thanks all, The bike is at the dealership. I have added no external accessories, so the problem is a mystery to me. Regardless it will be fixed. I'll let you know what the answer ultimately is...it is probably a KiPass issue...failing to scare off the mice.
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"

Bob

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 06:30:49 AM »
Thanks all, The bike is at the dealership. I have added no external accessories, so the problem is a mystery to me. Regardless it will be fixed. I'll let you know what the answer ultimately is...it is probably a KiPass issue...failing to scare off the mice.

Nah, with KIPASS you would never known that you had a blow fuse. You would have had to have been able to turn the key on for that, which you did! So for this time, we can't blame KIPASS!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 06:34:23 AM »
Nah, with KIPASS you would never known that you had a blow fuse. You would have had to have been able to turn the key on for that, which you did! So for this time, we can't blame KIPASS!

Blame Kipass? You mean credit Kipass. If it wasn't for Kipass the bike prolly would have caught on fire or something.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Bob

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »
Blame Kipass? You mean credit Kipass. If it wasn't for Kipass the bike prolly would have caught on fire or something.

very good!  :rotflmao:

Offline Afm252

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 07:10:13 AM »
Couldn't agree more.
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"

Offline Afm252

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 06:17:56 AM »
UPDATE:
The bike had a short in the taillight assembly, so the dealer replaced and we are back on the road. Said it was a first for him. Guess the Gremlins can get to anything.  8)
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"