Author Topic: New multi-adjustable handlebars from Precision Engineering  (Read 49331 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: New multi-adjustable handle bars from Precision Engineering
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012, 11:29:05 PM »
ZG,

Interested in a group buy if you find them to your liking.

Thakns TJ!  :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

Re: Multi-adjust bars from Precision Engineering
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 04:33:57 AM »
Very hard for me to justify the price of either one also. Same reason I'm getting canyon cages instead of top blocks. Does that make me a cheapskate or just frugal? ;D

Yes...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline racer49

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
I am in for group buy! 

Jay H

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »

Ok, good news brutha's!!

I spoke to Precision Engineering today and they will now offer a discount for the fine folks on this forum, the discount is $150 off!! (that's almost 25%)

The discount code at checkout is "zg150", the discount is good starting today and will run through September 9th!

Mine will be arriving tomorrow, I'll post up some out of box pics for ya'll.  8)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
Mine will be arriving tomorrow, I'll post up some out of box pics for ya'll.  8)

Already seen pictures. I want to take'em for a test ride.  ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Do they adjust lower than stock?

Offline McJunkie

I actually might be interested, It will be hard to swing after just buying the Canyon Cage though. Would like to hear your thoughts on them before I totally commit.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver

That is probably a complicated question.  It appears they can be as low as you want to go, because they pivot at the triple tree (head).... well, low enough to be impractical.  But they still have a minimum "length" when fully retracted (non-telescoped).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
That is probably a complicated question.  It appears they can be as low as you want to go, because they pivot at the triple tree (head).... well, low enough to be impractical.  But they still have a minimum "length" when fully retracted (non-telescoped).
You're right Max. Pivoting at the base will allow them to tip back which in effect will lower them, but not necessarily in a comfortable position. I guess a better question would be 'What is the height in the collasped position as compared to stock?'

Offline qyetman

It appears to have up and down, forward/backward adjustability but not horizontally adjustable. That is where I would like to change the the angle, where the handgrips are.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
It appears to have up and down, forward/backward adjustability but not horizontally adjustable. That is where I would like to change the the angle, where the handgrips are.

Is that top connection a ball joint? That would allow some adjustment like you're talking about. To me, the stock grip angle is too far back and I believe that's what causes the sore wrists and numb finger problem.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Son of Pappy

Hey Jay, did you notice the resevoir covers?  Black highlighted with silver, of course ;D

Offline mvjr1904

Let us know the final price when they arrive. I just met a fellow member who had Heli's on his 2011 C14. Very nice and clean looking. If PE's are 200 cheaper than Heli's, PE's might get my vote. I just don't like them in black
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline ZG

• Arena

I'm not 100% on that GP, but if you give them a call I'm sure they could tell ya. Ask for Andy, he's a great guy and I'm sure he'll help you... Make sure to tell him you're from the ZG forum.  :chugbeer:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:02:54 PM by ZG »

Offline ZG

• Arena
I actually might be interested, It will be hard to swing after just buying the Canyon Cage though. Would like to hear your thoughts on them before I totally commit.

I'll definately post my comments on them MJ, mine will arrive tomorrow but unfortunately won't get installed until the week of 8/20 when I get my triple clamps powder coated black...

Offline ZG

• Arena

I'm not sure about that adjustment QM, but sounds like an easy fix with Murphs wedges under em...  :-\

Offline ZG

• Arena
Let us know the final price when they arrive. I just met a fellow member who had Heli's on his 2011 C14. Very nice and clean looking. If PE's are 200 cheaper than Heli's, PE's might get my vote. I just don't like them in black

Not sure what you mean by "final price" MV?  ???  The current $150 ZG forum discount makes them just under $500...

Offline ZG

• Arena
Ordered Wednesday and they arrived today, now that's some fast order fulfillment!  :)

Here's a couple quick phone pics, not the greatest pics I know but should still give you an idea...

The parts are machined very nice, quality looks good, parts packaged nicely to separate the parts and sides!  :thumbs:

The instructions are pretty straight forward, I think instead of waiting for my powder coat work in a week I might just install them this weekend so I can try em out, more to come on that...  :-\

So far so good!  ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
It looks like you use the stock bars in these risers. Should make install easy.

Offline ZG

• Arena
It looks like you use the stock bars in these risers. Should make install easy.

Yep, you don't even need to remove your controls and grips etc, just undo that one bolt and slide it out of the oem and put it into these, hence why I'm thinking try em out for a week before the triples get powder coated.  :)