Author Topic: Hyperlites  (Read 10626 times)

Offline seagiant

Hyperlites
« on: October 15, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »
Hi,
     Got my Hyperlites in today and jumped on it. The hardest part was figuring out what to do and finding everything, Maxtog here did an excellent tutorial that really helped keep me between the ditches and everything came out great! I'm VERY impressed with these lights and see them as a serious safety guard in the land of the retires! (Florida) 8)

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: Hyperlites
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »
I put mine up on the side reflectors by the grab rails... they are aimed right at driver eye level... *BLINK* *BLINK* *BLINK*

Yep... that does get their attention!  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline seagiant

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
Hi,
      I think it's more important to just have them than where they are at. Mine spreads out the "foot print" so to speak in conjuction with the tail light. I can see where they will get someones attention which is the point I guess!

Hope my Delkevic 18" Carbon fiber can shows tomorrow!

Offline Cuda

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:44:05 PM »
Yeah with those bright white lights some 90 year old is going to see them and think they just died ,
 then  drive over you to get to see St Pete ...
White in the rear?
 Are you doing construction work on the side of the road??
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »
Yeah with those bright white lights some 90 year old is going to see them and think they just died ,
 then  drive over you to get to see St Pete ...
White in the rear?
 Are you doing construction work on the side of the road??

Hyperlites are red, Cuda perhaps you are thinking of HyperWhites?..made for the front?

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 04:00:55 AM »
Maxtog here did an excellent tutorial that really helped keep me between the ditches and everything came out great!

Can you post a link to this?  :)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 04:10:46 AM »
Maxtog here did an excellent tutorial...

Easy with the praise. He blushes easily...

I was considering the Admore lights as a winter-time farkling project. Now I'm going to have to look at the Hyperlites also. Do they have a good finish to them? LED's embedded/encased in epoxy does not convey a great image.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 05:39:33 AM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline seagiant

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 09:47:22 AM »
Hi,
     Yes! My lights are red! With LED's it's hard to tell!

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 10:58:31 AM »
Mine have been hanging on the Dirty Grrrl for about 3 years.  :)

Very happy with the product!  Install was a snap, did it when I did the fender eliminator.  :D

8)
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »
My setup... 2 x 16's under rack... 2 x 8's on reflectors.

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 09:32:02 AM »
Hi,
     Got my Hyperlites in today and jumped on it. The hardest part was figuring out what to do and finding everything, Maxtog here did an excellent tutorial that really helped keep me between the ditches and everything came out great! I'm VERY impressed with these lights and see them as a serious safety guard in the land of the retires! (Florida) 8)

(resurrecting an old thread)

Seagiant, can you give a little description of the connections and wires shown in the top photo?
Thanks,
Ron
2014 C-14 Red

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »
Easy with the praise. He blushes easily...

I was considering the Admore lights as a winter-time farkling project. Now I'm going to have to look at the Hyperlites also. Do they have a good finish to them? LED's embedded/encased in epoxy does not convey a great image.

I installed the Admore's on mine and really like them. Far better then the Givi..
I recently bought a flasher that works with LED tail lights. Checked with Admore and they told me how to hook it to my Admore (trunk) lights. Hope to do it today. (Raining in Houston)
If it works, when I touch the brakes, by Trunk lights will flash 3 short, 3 long flashes, and then stay on.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 08:00:46 PM »
Today I installed the unit on my trunk light wiring.
Was EZ to do.. (added the unit to the brake and ground wires)

Works great.   :thumbs: :thumbs:
  Each time I apply the brake, the trunk (Brake) lights flash;
             3 times quickly,
                3 times slowly,
                   and then stay on.

Total cost for the flasher /strobe unit was $2.50 $3.95!!  ;)

Anyone interested?

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:21:14 AM by connie_rider »

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 06:27:20 AM »
Gee Ted, why didn't you find this before I bought hypelites?
2014 C-14 Red

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 07:20:32 AM »
Ron, My apologies. I bought them in Sept.
(Did it on a whim thinking anything this cheap couldn't work).
So, I kept putting the install off.   
I did the iInstall yesterday and was surprised..

NOTE: I did make 1 error. My cost was $3.95, not $2.50.

I looked the control unit up yesterday (on Ebay).
Can still be found for $3.95, but you have to look to get the best price as the price varies a LOT!!.
(ie; The "exact" same unit, for a Harley was $22.50)   <evil grin>

Here is the info. Hope it helps someone...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GS-100A-Car-Motorcycle-LED-Flasher-Module-Brake-Tail-Light-Scintillator-Black-/400903199826?hash=item5d57b15c52:g:Ds4AAOSwQJhUddax&vxp=mtr

Ride safe, Ted

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:58:03 AM by connie_rider »

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 04:45:19 PM »
No apologies Ted. ;) You found them, I could've too (maybe). I had the hyper lites on my old bike and liked them so I got these. Man, are they bright and I'll bet annoying. I wonder if they could be modified to fit your gadget instead of the Hyper Lite flasher. Then, I'd have the best of both worlds. Thinking...Thinking....

I could cut out the flasher and substitute this one...
THinking some more.....

Okay. For $3.98 shipped, worth a try. If no joy, it'll be a RTE door prize. Thanks Ted.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »
Okay Ted. I bailed on the other flasher. I re-read the Hyperlites instructions and found out how break the flash cycle to make it hold a solid red.

There is one green wire that loops out of the flasher. Cut it and wrap the ends in electrical tape. They will flash about 5 seconds and stay solid until the brake is released. Then they will cycle again the next time the brake is utilized. Do it before you mount the flasher but you can do it later if you want. Tape up the ends, tuck them out of the way. Five seconds of flash, then solid red.

Done.

Saved another $3.98 off the China/U.S. deficit.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 04:14:06 PM »
They will flash about 5 seconds and stay solid until the brake is released. Then they will cycle again the next time the brake is utilized.

Cool- that is what you want, otherwise it will unnecessarily annoy the *** out of people (in cases where you HAVE to hold the brake, like on a hill).  If it is well designed (like the one I use) it will also have a built-in delay and still not multiflash until you have been off the brake for more than a few seconds (which is useful in stop-and-go traffic).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc