Author Topic: Concours 14 aftermarket TPMS replacement WORKS!  (Read 16944 times)

Offline STC14JIM

Re: Concours 14 aftermarket TPMS replacement WORKS!
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2022, 09:29:50 AM »
BTW,  the MAXI Pad is available from EBay too.   I just bougt one for $45 including shipping.

I just replaced the batteries in my '08 C-14  but I'm going to see if I can guess the right protocol so the new sensors will work on my Triumph Trophy.

Offline Shrub

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2023, 04:11:16 PM »
Hi.  I just installed the programmable valve stems on my 2010 Concours14 and it worked like a charm.  Thanks so much for figuring this out and posting it! :D

Offline Cliffb

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2023, 04:12:03 PM »
Thanks for the great information. I replaced both sensors on my new to me 2012 connie. Works great!

Offline Robby

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2023, 10:25:51 AM »
I just purchased the Autel TPMS Sensor.  When installed on the rear wheel of my 2012 Concours, the sensor is not attached to the wheel in any manner EXCEPT by the valve stem nut.  And the sensor sticks out quite a bit into the body of the tire.  Am I mounting this correctly?

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2023, 11:09:01 AM »
Yup. That's correct. Works just fine.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2023, 05:40:02 PM »
and at tyre change time, remove the nut and let the sensor drop inside out of harm's way to prevent it geting damaged during the process.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2023, 08:23:27 PM »
and at tyre change time, remove the nut and let the sensor drop inside out of harm's way to prevent it geting damaged during the process.

Interesting idea.  I was wondering how one would prevent damaging that sensor, since it sticks out so much, when the tire is removed.  Of course, they are so inexpensive (in comparison), having a spare around is not unreasonable.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline dbird29

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2023, 08:47:02 AM »
I went with the Autel snap on sensor and just reached in and hooked it up after mounted the tire. Should come off the same way, pushing the release by hand
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2023, 09:53:01 AM »
Interesting idea.  I was wondering how one would prevent damaging that sensor, since it sticks out so much, when the tire is removed.  Of course, they are so inexpensive (in comparison), having a spare around is not unreasonable.

I have mine changed at a local shop and I just let them know it sticks out. They haven't broken it yet.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Robby

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2023, 09:26:24 PM »
Couldn’t be happier!   Installed the Autel tpms sensor when rear tire changed last month. Ordered the programmer, which arrived today (eBay: $40).  Followed directions found on this forum.  Programmed the sensor and took it for a ride.  Rode, and rode, and rode.  No readout. Bummer.  Reprogrammed using a 0 (zero) in the ID instead of an o (lower case O).  Success!!!  Many Thanks, in particular to Big Red, for all the great info!

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2023, 01:43:39 PM »
Modification added to initial post to explain that it is always a zero.

Offline drcookie

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2023, 11:58:43 PM »
Does the same TPMS work on newer year model of Concours 14 ? I have a 2016 Concours 14 and the front TPMS seems to be dying. It would come on for a while during a ride on a freeway and would go out for several minutes and would showed up again.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2023, 04:26:50 AM »
I would think so.  2008-2009 had one style and from 2010 on they were different (I think).  I believe you can interchange the new ones with the 1st gen bikes.  If that's the case then I would think that the replacement Autel would work for all.  Someone chime in if that isn't right please.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2023, 08:43:58 AM »
Does the same TPMS work on newer year model of Concours 14 ? I have a 2016 Concours 14 and the front TPMS seems to be dying. It would come on for a while during a ride on a freeway and would go out for several minutes and would showed up again.

Yes it does. And thanks to some traction this has received on one of the facebook groups, I have an unconfirmed report that the late style TPMS has 5 digits. By adding three zeros to the front, you get the 8 digit hex code that works.

Offline drcookie

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2023, 09:21:50 AM »
Nice ! Thanks for the tips Big Red. I purchased the Autel MaxiTPMS pad. Is there any tips on reading the TPMS-id that is currently on the wheels ? I tried to wake up the rear wheel by spinning the wheel on the center stand by the Autel did not pick it up.  :)

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2023, 09:38:36 AM »
You need to get the wheel up to 10Mph to activate the TPMS sensor. That is harder with the rear wheel because of weight and drag from the driveline.
It's easier to do it by putting the bike into gear and revving her a bit but be VERY careful that she doesn't come off the centerstand!!
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline drcookie

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2023, 01:38:46 PM »
I did that yesterday by putting the bike on the center stand. I started the engine and put on the 2nd gear. The rear wheel spun for a while and an error on traction control showed up (I guess since the front wheel did not spin).I cannot change the menu once the error showed up on then console.  >:(
I tried to read the TPMS from the MaxiTPMS by placing the pad next to the TPMS and it failed to read. I guess my only option is to remove the tire from the wheel and hope the TPMS ID is there.  8)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2023, 04:42:37 PM »
I had my pad hooked up to my laptop and rode around my block until the pressure showed on the dash, then immediately pulled the value.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2023, 09:42:30 AM »
I don't think the original Kawasaki sensors answer the "wake up" signal from the programmer.
You could do similar to Big Red's around the block method and have the laptop ready in the garage to read the sensors.
I could read one but the other wheel was too far drained to wake up so had to use the label on the sensor.

I did that yesterday by putting the bike on the center stand. I started the engine and put on the 2nd gear. The rear wheel spun for a while and an error on traction control showed up (I guess since the front wheel did not spin).I cannot change the menu once the error showed up on then console.  >:(
I tried to read the TPMS from the MaxiTPMS by placing the pad next to the TPMS and it failed to read. I guess my only option is to remove the tire from the wheel and hope the TPMS ID is there.  8)
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline dbird29

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2023, 09:46:16 AM »
Here's something interesting, some TPMS use a magnetic field to wake up for programming. Makes sense that the Autel MaxiPad gnerates a field but wonder if this schrader valve magnet would work?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A42MZI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750