Author Topic: PhilsRack, Givi E55 and Admore Kit Review  (Read 4124 times)

Offline stewart

PhilsRack, Givi E55 and Admore Kit Review
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:00:51 AM »
Finally fitted my Givi E55 and Admore Lighting Kit to my new rack from Phils. The actual fitting was very simple, the delay was caused by Givi.

TwistedThrottle were great to deal with, but the first E55 delivered had the so called document holder hanging on by a thread. I returned it and the replacement arrived to find that the screws holding the document holder were threaded. I um'd and ah'd for a moment and decided just to keep and fix it myself. I think they need some more quality control in the Givi Factory.

I had installed Phils rack several weeks before with no troubles. The rack itself is of high quality and the instructions were clear. I put the two felt pads Phil provides to the side wondering if I will need them.

When the E55 arrived I simple took the packaging off and plonked it on the bike. Then I noticed the play in the mounting and figured it would vibrate and jump around a bit. Uh ah, I remembered Phil provided felt pads, placed them on the E55 and bingo problem solved.

Next job was to install the Blue Lid on the E55, this proved to be a little more stressful. Mostly because I was drilling holes in the lid and didn't want to mess it up. I eventually got it all lined up and with a little extra pressure the lid popped on. I would suggest you take your time with this. The color isn't a perfect match as I was expecting, but with the silver trim I think looks good on the bike.

Lastly the Admore Lighting Kit. I was impressed with the finish of these and the instructions provided. I did wonder why a drill bit was included but later realized that in the 2 sets of drill sets I have I didn't actually have that size, nice one Admore. I printed off the instruction from the web as it had nice sized pictures, found Fred's online photos (to help with finding wiring) and proceeded to install. Fred's pics helped a lot, but he only installed a brake light from what I could tell. With the Admore kit I had indicators as well, so with a little more fishing and a test light, I found them. I tapped in the Admore Kit and everything was looking good. The lights fit perfectly into the E55 and routing the wiring was all I had left to do.

The instructions tell you to think about this and I did. In the picture they show the connector for the lights being place on the lid of the box and popping out the top left side. I thought this looked odd as the wiring lead from the bike would have to come up and connect to it, possible getting in the way of my wife and leaving a long loose lead when the E55 was not attached. Plus it didn't look very clean. I decided to drill and mount mine in center on the bottom of the case just in front the rack, nice and clean. When my wife checked out my efforts she asked where it was connected and I had to point it out.

The lights are bright, I like the modulation on the brake and its intelligent enough to not modulate after the initial press, there must be some timer. I was expecting the indicators to be red as this is what I saw on a few videos, but with this new E55 has clear/silver plastic for the lights and the Admore kit is red and yellow which was a nice surprise.

Photo's below.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Steve Bell

Re: PhilsRack, Givi E55 and Admore Kit Review
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
Great write up! Could I please get a picture of the felt pads that phil provided to see what they look like and where they are placed?
Thanks.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
Nice, this is on my MOD list.  If you have the time to post a video I would like to see them in action.  Thanks.

Offline Makz58

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:57:33 PM »
I was wondering is that the Burgman blue lid?? :)
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline stewart

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »
I was wondering is that the Burgman blue lid?? :)

Yes it is.

Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline gregg59

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »
Looks nice, I ordered the E52 to go on Phil's rack.  Now I am going to have to try to remember  ??? where I put those felt pads last year. 

Gregg
08 C14

Offline stewart

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »
Looks nice, I ordered the E52 to go on Phil's rack.  Now I am going to have to try to remember  ??? where I put those felt pads last year. 

Gregg

I simply aligned them to the edge of Phil's rack, turn them upside down so they stuck to the bottom of the Box and pressed down.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380