Author Topic: HT Moto Seat Covers  (Read 2475 times)

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
HT Moto Seat Covers
« on: June 10, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »
I am looking for feedback from anyone who has purchased a seat cover from HT Moto. I am waiting for a few material/color swatches that I ordered to help me decide on the material. My primary reason for a new cover is simply to get rid of the OEM grey, I dont like the color. I am going to go with all black but HT offers choices of carbon fiber, ostrich, snake, vinyl, etc.... I just cant get a visual on what it is going to look like with these materials........ any suggestions?
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline CrashGordon

Re: HT Moto Seat Covers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
I have a black bike and I went with black ostrich on the seat surfaces, black carbon fiber on the sides and red stitching.

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
I just got my cover from them and sent the seat off to Spencer...

First off, all the fabrics are synthetic vinyl. So, don't get your hopes up thinking it's real carbon fiber or ostrich leather. :)

1. The carbon fiber has an egg shell sheen to it. The patterns is a little smaller than real carbon fiber, but still looks good.
2. Ostrich has the same sheen as the stock seat with a heavier/random texture and small bumps to simulate the texture of ostrich leather.
3. Snake has a glossy sheen and random snake-like textures. IMHO, it look out of place on our bikes.
4. Vinyl is much like the stock seat. However, the textures are more refined and the material looks of higher quality.
5. Phoenix is made from a strange stretchy fabric. It's glossy yet slightly distressed on one side and soft on the other. Honestly, it doesn't look like a material I would make any motorcycle seat cover out of.
6. The non-slip material is a matte rubber-like material with a repeating pattern. Although I think it looks nice, Spencer recommended against this fabric as it clings to clothing and doesn't allow your body to slide/adjust while ridding. I guess it would probably be OK to use around the sides.

I went with black carbon fiber around the edges, black vinyl seating area and a red stitching (my bike is red). It turned out awesome! HT Moto did a perfect job of stitching it together.

BTW, it took about 2 weeks from the day I ordered until to arrive.

Offline overthehill

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »
I like the looks of my seat.  The seams along the side do dig into my legs if I only wear jeans.  I have thought of putting the Connie seat back on.  I had Spencer do the mod and put the HT on.  It looks great, but the seams can be felt after a couple of hundred miles.
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline vivo

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »
Hey hey hey.... wah no photos in a digital age? shhhhish.... :o

vivo