Author Topic: car tire slaying the dragon...  (Read 6936 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
car tire slaying the dragon...
« on: May 04, 2014, 09:46:06 PM »
 ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline texrider

Re: car tire slaying the dragon...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:17:09 PM »
How awesome is that! So you're spooning one on to you're 14, right?  ;D
2014 Valkyrie

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
How awesome is that! So you're spooning one on to you're 14, right?  ;D

No sir, not today for me anyway
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »
People bitch about how unsafe, due in part to the amount of rubber in contact with the road.
That to me looks to be about the same amount as any other tire.
Its just on the highway, that tire has 3-5 times more rubber in contact.

Yes yes, I know, sidewall and all, blah blah blah. No I'm not putting one on my bike either.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 09:28:59 AM »
If that's Yellow Wolf, nobody is going to go saying anything to him, either.  Not sure that's him, though.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
If that's Yellow Wolf, nobody is going to go saying anything to him, either.  Not sure that's him, though.

Unless he's changed his bike up lately, thats not him

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
I that was Yellow Wolf, you'd have to catch him first.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 11:35:30 AM »
Goldwing basically is a car, so that seems appropriate.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 11:42:50 AM »

;D :chugbeer:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »

Indeed, but I hope to live long enough to be of age to own one. I'll be railing it like a track bike such as those older guys on the Dragon I have mad respect for

..and after seeing this pic, perhaps on a car tire

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »
I swear when I read this it sounded like 'Here kitty, kitty'.  :rotflmao:   But I don't that that kitty frequents these here parts any more. Nothing wrong with your bait but I think you may be casting it in the wrong pond.... :-)

As far as the great increase in tire / road contact on the highway, that almost sounds safer than a motorcycle tire. Yeah, I still think you're in the wrong pond but I'll help a little....

Brian

People bitch about how unsafe, due in part to the amount of rubber in contact with the road.
That to me looks to be about the same amount as any other tire.
Its just on the highway, that tire has 3-5 times more rubber in contact.

Yes yes, I know, sidewall and all, blah blah blah. No I'm not putting one on my bike either.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 03:17:47 PM »
Nothing wrong with your bait but I think you may be casting it in the wrong pond.... :-)

I think he's cast in both ponds, more like setting out trot lines. Perhaps an answer to the other post about the differences in forums will arise, but so far only a few bait stealers, no real hard nibbles.   Easy now peeps, I said hard niBBles.  niBBles.  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 03:38:42 PM »
my post had nothing to do with bait, nor is the topic whether a car tire is good or sux.  it simply shows a guy railing the %$#! out of one on a goldwinger

haven't we already got threads discussing the "validity" of car tires?  I've been against car tires on bikes anyway, but again this guy is getting it done  :D

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
Yeah, that was my fault.
I just happened to notice in this pic, it looks like there is as much rubber in contact with the road as a regular tire.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »
Well, let me know how that works out- I have not been over there in a while so will miss it.

Brian

I think he's cast in both ponds, more like setting out trot lines. Perhaps an answer to the other post about the differences in forums will arise, but so far only a few bait stealers, no real hard nibbles.   Easy now peeps, I said hard niBBles.  niBBles.  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »
Amazing, who'd a thunk that there could be as much tire rubber in contact as there would be motorcycle rubber. Now that IS interesting! Oh wait, wrong pond.... sorry.  :rotflmao:

Brian

Yeah, that was my fault.
I just happened to notice in this pic, it looks like there is as much rubber in contact with the road as a regular tire.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »
I don't think there is any limit on this species. In fact, I am pretty sure you can reel in all the 'car tire' and 'KiPass' you can catch. :-)

Brian

<snip>

haven't we already got threads discussing the "validity" of car tires? 

<snip>

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 04:56:36 PM »
I shudder to think what would have happened if he'd have hit a puddle of synthetic oil while leaned over on that car tire.  :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »
I shudder to think what would have happened if he'd have hit a puddle of synthetic oil while leaned over on that car tire.  :_shudder_Emoticon

Hmmm.....About the same as railing the side of an MC tire on a puddle of oil?  ;D

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 11:46:20 PM »
Hmmm.....About the same as railing the side of an MC tire on a puddle of oil?  ;D
OH NO!!!.... synthetic oil makes all the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( :stirpot: ) it ahhhh...it...it..yeah ..ok..
it's synthetic molecules bind with the special receptors molded into the edges of car tires. Motorcycle
tires being more curved have nowhere for these special receptors to be molded to.
   http://youtu.be/iyp9fh-u4w8

I know this stuff, because in my previous life I was not only a petroleum engineer but a car tire designer.
Trust me on this! (say the voices in my head)  :P

:popcorn: