Author Topic: where to buy passive fob for 2010?  (Read 1902 times)

Offline clogan

where to buy passive fob for 2010?
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:21:04 PM »
Are the passive fobs a dealer-only part? Anybody know what price for fob and programming?
If not too much, I may pick up a spare.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Conrad

Re: where to buy passive fob for 2010?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »
http://www.ronayers.com/  ~$35.

I have no idea what your dealer will charge you to program your bike. If I were you I'd ask him what his price is for the fob and programming together and then just for the programming. It may be worth your while to get the fob from the dealer.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »
If not too much, I may pick up a spare.

Don't you mean "pick up another spare"?  Since the passive is already the spare to your active fob, no? 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »
Just to add to what Conrad said, dealers seem to be charging about 1/2 hour of labor to program the bike to recognize a new fob. That is just a 'rule of thumb' of course and your dealer may well charge something different. And some dealers will require you to buy the fob from them or they may choose not to program the bike; exactly the way some dealers will not mount tires that you purchased elsewhere while other dealers will.

Brian

http://www.ronayers.com/  ~$35.

I have no idea what your dealer will charge you to program your bike. If I were you I'd ask him what his price is for the fob and programming together and then just for the programming. It may be worth your while to get the fob from the dealer.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
If You live near Harodsburg, Kentucky, then Lee's Kawasaki there, ordered Me a spare passive fob for 36 bucks and programmed My ECU to recognize it for free.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline clogan

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »
Don't you mean "pick up another spare"?  Since the passive is already the spare to your active fob, no?

Yes...belt, suspenders you might say.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 04:01:31 PM »
Remember, if you are going to have the "new" FOB programmed, you need all other FOBs with you as well - at least that is what I was told when I added an extra extra.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 09:51:31 PM »
One can never have enough FOBs  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine