Author Topic: Where is the fuse for the front accessory port?  (Read 10630 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Where is the fuse for the front accessory port?
« on: January 21, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
Just got a C14 not long ago. Spent today in the garage with the first of many tasks.  Task 1 was going around and making sure everything was tight.  Task 2 was getting the heated gear hooked up.  I tried several times to hook it to the rear accessory port but kept blowing the 5 amp fuse. A friend with a homemade PWM controller hooks to the front acc port, but I was wondering where the fuse for that is?  I thought all the fuses were in the 3 easily seen fuse blocks under the seat?

I will prolly hook it to the battery and fish it over to the left side of the bike.  It needs to be below my left hip anyway.

Thanks
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline Gsun

Re: Where is the fuse for the front accessory port?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
There is a 10 AMP accessory fuse in fusebox #3, but don't know if that is it. There are 3 / 10 AMP fuses in it.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:40:38 AM »
On a 2010+ .... it's a 5 amp fuse.

Not sure which one of the 3 fuse boxes it's in.
(one box under drivers seat area & two boxes under passenger seat area.)

Hooking directly to the battery (with a fuse in your wiring) IMHO is the better choice.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:23:59 PM »
You will want to add more stuff sooner or later, so just bite the bullet and get a Fuzeblock.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:04:46 AM »
The front and rear accessory outlets are on the same circuit.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »
You will want to add more stuff sooner or later, so just bite the bullet and get a Fuzeblock.

:goodpost: :thumbs:

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:34 AM »
I need to hook up a radar detector, that will prolly pull from the accessory jack/cig lighter thing on the right side. The GPS will most likely be wired into the front accessory port as it's switched and the GPS pulls practically nothing. I might be done with electrics at that point.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 05:21:05 PM »
The front and rear accessory outlets are on the same circuit.
+1

The front right accessory outlet, the front left boot accessory wires, and the the rear boot accessory wires are all on the same
5 Amp fuse on the '10 model (I'm told it's the same on later models).  It is in the fuse box just in front of the under seat toolbox and is the fourth fuse down from the open end of the box. It is the only 5 amp fuse in that fuse box. The wiring diagram is incorrect as to it's actual location, as it lists it as being in the 5th position.  It was listed wrong in the '10 service manual as well, at least in the places I checked for it.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »
Thanks for the assistance.

Ok, I should have asked this also.  Where is the actual front accessory port?   What do I have to take off to get to it?  Bear in mind, I am a fairing off virgin here, on the C14 anyway. Did the C10 multiple times and had to replace the whole fairing on the FZ1 due to the buzzard thing, but that fairing's a bit smaller.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 08:14:55 AM »
Thanks for the assistance.

Ok, I should have asked this also.  Where is the actual front accessory port?   What do I have to take off to get to it?  Bear in mind, I am a fairing off virgin here, on the C14 anyway. Did the C10 multiple times and had to replace the whole fairing on the FZ1 due to the buzzard thing, but that fairing's a bit smaller.

The front accessory outlet is on the right side of the "dash" and looks like a cigarette lighter socket. The accessory wires are on the left side hidden with a bunch of other connectors in a big rubber boot just above the ram air tube.

Offline Rony6ble

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 02:54:30 AM »
+1

The front right accessory outlet, the front left boot accessory wires, and the the rear boot accessory wires are all on the same
5 Amp fuse on the '10 model (I'm told it's the same on later models).  It is in the fuse box just in front of the under seat toolbox and is the fourth fuse down from the open end of the box. It is the only 5 amp fuse in that fuse box. The wiring diagram is incorrect as to it's actual location, as it lists it as being in the 5th position.  It was listed wrong in the '10 service manual as well, at least in the places I checked for it.

+1 for that photo, thanks...

'11 C14 and the 5 Amp fuse kept blowing, put a 10 Amp and still blowing. The only thing I have connected to the cigarette lighter socket is a Garmin GPS (car version).
In the '09 the cigarette socket hold everything in place, not the same with the '11.
IBA #57875
2011 Concours 14 / 2009 Concours 14 - RIP / 2002 Ninja 250 - daughter / 1985 GPZ400 - sold
2016 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (KS)

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 10:59:08 AM »
OK---electrical gurus, can you switch the 5 amp fuse in the fuse box (as pictured above) to a 10 amp in the 2010+ models; or did Mama Kaw change the wire size to the outlets?
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline O.C.

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 05:01:21 AM »
I always change the 5 amp for a 10 amp,  ;) 

And also carry a few spares 
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650