Author Topic: Mazda 3 TPMS on my Concours  (Read 10145 times)

Offline dbird29

Re: Mazda 3 TPMS on my Concours
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2022, 04:25:24 PM »
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »
Where are the I'd numbers on the new style? Just curious . I will check mine out next tire change. Hats of to those that made another option possible.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2022, 12:27:55 PM »
It looks like they may have hid it in the barcode. There's no hex number anywhere from the pics I've looked at. However, if you disregard the first 4 digits of the barcode, you do end up with a 8 digit hex number like the old sensors. I'd love to mess with one to see if I could read it and compare the transmitted hex to the barcode. If someone has a new model TPMS with a battery going bad that I could play with, let me know.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline chap

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2022, 01:42:09 PM »

My concours don't read Mazda TPMS by spinning on bicycle wheel, but reads after install on my front wheel.
Maybe spinning + tire pressure can wake TPMS
[/quote]

Did you have the engine running when you tested the sensors. I noticed on my 2010 it wasnt reading just spinning the wheel, but starting the engine it read ok.

2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2022, 11:07:00 AM »
If I put it on the center stand, key on engine off and spin the tire mounted, it reads. Doesn't really matter, as I was trying to prove it before installing. Didn't matter as it is verified to work.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2022, 03:38:11 PM »
The Autel MX3 TPMS Sensors are tiny compared to the stock or other OEM Mazda sensors. That should help minimize the centrifugal weight & the balancing of the wheels with less weight.
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2022, 10:22:14 AM »
I've been rolling around for about 3.5 months, and they're working great. They read about 2 psi low, but it's plenty close enough.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2022, 08:28:50 PM »
Waiting for new tire time, soon.....
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2022, 02:01:16 PM »
Anyone know a good technique to pinch a tire bead?  i'd like to be able to remove the sensors without dismounting the tires (if possible).

Offline Big Red

• Arena

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2022, 10:27:19 AM »
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/pliers/locking-pliers/11-inch-swivel-pad-lock-grip-pliers-39535.html
Haha.  I was trying to complicate the issue.  That will be easy enough.  My bike still has the original '08 sensors.  I don't remember what a good tire pressure reading looks like anymore.
Good info in this post.  Thanks for doing the legwork on this.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2022, 08:34:25 AM »
Just mounted up some Dunlop Mutants and changed out the sensors for Autel MX programmable sensors. They work just fine with the Mazda 3 protocol and the Hex code was on the original gen1 sensors. Easy peasy
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2022, 07:50:46 PM »
What are you planning to do with your old sensors? I’d like to get them for some testing if possible.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline dbird29

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2022, 09:06:49 PM »
They are 1st gen from 2010 but I have no real plans for them after I see if the programmable ones keep working. Which I'm sure they will..

What are you planning to do with your old sensors? I’d like to get them for some testing if possible.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline STC14JIM

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2022, 08:25:48 AM »
Where are the I'd numbers on the new style? Just curious . I will check mine out next tire change. Hats of to those that made another option possible.

When i talked to the guy at AUTEL technical help he told a new AUTEL MX "universal" sensor don't come programmed with an ID.

He also said they don't support LDL sensors because AUTEL doesn't support motorcycle applications.  So LDL must have a corner on the motorcycle market.   I know besides Kawasaki,  Honda and Triumph uses LDL sensors.   

He also said when programming a new AUTEL MX sensor besides programming in the ID,  you are also setting up the new AUTEL sensor to conform to a certain protocol so that's what needing to tell the MAXI PAD what make & model is all about ( as has been explained previously ).

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2022, 04:47:08 PM »
I have an issue with my 16 Tacoma with a sensor gone bad.  Fine in the summer months but once it gets cold it flakes out (much like me).  I bought an Autel MaxiTPMS TS408 along with an MX universal metal valve.  They offer a rubber MX valve as well.  The claim is that you only need to stock two types of sensors.  I bought their metal one for the Tacoma.  I went in through my OBD2 scanner (Carista) and documented the sensors in the computer.  I then used the TS408 on each wheel to see which one was partly dead.  All wheels replied except the left front and by process of elimination determined the id of the offending unit.  I programmed the MX metal sensor with the id of the failed unit.  I'll be taking the truck in on Tuesday to get the tire people to change it out.  I don't have any way to break the bead on the tire to put it in myself unfortunately.  I don't see why the TS408 wouldn't work on a C14 as all I need to do is put in the Mazda year that works. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2022, 05:29:45 PM »
I'm reasonably sure it WILL work. It's just a matter of finding another compatible protocol. I find it hard to believe that Kawasaki would go to a completely unique standard. It just doesn't make sense when there are so many decent ones out there already. Just a matter of sitting by a working newer model sensor and pinging it with a bajillion protocols to see how it reports back.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2022, 03:52:48 AM »
So there are several considerations when working with these sensors...  ID, Frequency, and protocol ?   The MX sensors will do both 315Mhz and 433Mhz.  My TS408 needs an input of what vehicle you are doing.  I guess that's what determines the protocol.  Kawasaki should not be doing something completely unique.  Totally unlike them.  They use other manufacturers stuff.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2022, 04:08:35 AM »
I went back into my TS408 and looked at the settings for a Mazda 3.  There are 7 broken out by years from 2004 to 2021.  2014 through 2019 are labeled indirect without a frequency designation.  They do have a 2007 through 2009 setting. 

When programming a MX sensor for my Tacoma it didn't really ask about year but I was in the 'last' test section for my Tacoma.  Now that I'm looking at it again I have these options.  Scan all sensors (which I did).  Scan a single sensor, program a sensor (which i did yesterday), Relearn procedure, and sensor information which breaks down further to OE and MX.  Nothing on MX but OE has the following:  Manufacturer (Pacific), OE Freq (315Mhz), Relearn type (C), OE part number (4260748010), Number on Sensor (PMV-C015). 

I'm just bringing this up to just add more information concerning the sensor.  I know I would love to scan an OE for the Kawi just to see what comes up.

Offline STC14JIM

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2022, 07:18:36 AM »
The Kawasaki sensors are made by LDL ( French Company ) as well as sensors on Honda's and Triumph's.
My guess is that all these sensors use the same protocol - why would LDL go to the trouble & expense of using different protocols in each make ?  But some might use different frequencies.   315 MHz is most common in the US ( but not mandatory ) and 433 MHz is most common in Europe & Asia.

My bet is the protocol used is decided by LDL , not the various manufactures ( make ) that they supply to.
It looks to me like LDL has a corner on the motorcycle market.

I read an article that implied a universal sensor like the AUTEL MX sensor transmits all possible protocols, but I question that idea since it would drain the battery quicker/sooner :  more transmissions = less battery life.

I think I may give  the AUTEL tech line another call to verify that.

EDIT :  Called the AUTEL tech line and the guy said " No, once programmed the MX universal sensors only transmit 1 protocaol not all possible protocols".   That makes sense to me, as far as conserving battery life.  He said the MX sensors battery should last about 7 years.  They are epoxy potted so a new sensor would ahve to be bought when the batteries are depleted.  For $30 a pop I don't see an issue with that.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 07:40:43 AM by STC14JIM »