Author Topic: Has anybody else put Ohlins forks on a Gen 2 Connie?  (Read 12675 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: Has anybody else put Ohlins forks on a Gen 2 Connie?
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 01:10:38 PM »
I am really surprised that either sensor would not work with the bike. I just thought of it but any change the sensor was not sticking through the fork mount far enough to sense the timing wheel?

Anyway, glad to hear you got it sorted out and everything works.

Brian
My '11 did not like the Gen 1 sensor from the get go, at start up the KTRC error screen was on. So that was my first test when I soldered the original sensor back on. I plugged it in before mounting and started the bike, cha ching, NO error screen. I was worried about the spacing with the Gen 1 bracket on the Ohlins so after I got everything mounted my second test was a very spirited rip through the country side. Still NO error screen. I was a very happy man last night.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2014, 01:19:43 PM »
My '11 did not like the Gen 1 sensor from the get go, at start up the KTRC error screen was on. So that was my first test when I soldered the original sensor back on. I plugged it in before mounting and started the bike, cha ching, NO error screen. I was worried about the spacing with the Gen 1 bracket on the Ohlins so after I got everything mounted my second test was a very spirited rip through the country side. Still NO error screen. I was a very happy man last night.

Time for: :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2014, 02:09:16 PM »
Yep, that sounds like pretty sure proof to me. Odd that they changed the sensor. ?? Thanks for taking one for the team though- now we all know.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:40 AM »
Yep, that sounds like pretty sure proof to me. Odd that they changed the sensor. ?? Thanks for taking one for the team though- now we all know.
Brian

+1

Nice job!!!!  :chugbeer:
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.