Author Topic: My TechSpec epiphany  (Read 18268 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: My TechSpec epiphany
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »
I like it!  8)

Are they going to put them in their line-up?  ???
I am going to send them pictures so they can fix the top angle some, but I am sure they would like to put them in their line-up. If there is enough interest I can possibly work out a group buy.   :thumbs:

Offline pistole

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 11:48:55 PM »
- from your third leg ?

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 04:59:04 AM »
Looks good Gumby!!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 08:02:16 AM »

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
I am going to send them pictures so they can fix the top angle some, but I am sure they would like to put them in their line-up. If there is enough interest I can possibly work out a group buy.   :thumbs:

I would be in for a group buy.
Black 2011
Full Delkevic no cat, Ivan's Flash, Projector headlights, Dunlop Q3+
Valentine 1 with JBV1 on phone

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »
I just spoke with TechSpec and they are going to work on getting this piece into their line-up, hopefully by the end of May. He custom cut my pieces, and if he did that for everybody it would cost more.

I will work out group buy specifics once they have all their stuff ready to go. I think there are only about a dozen or so people that have showed interest. The more people that are going to fork out the cash the cheaper it will be. Just sayin'  ;D

New pics. Trying to figure out how to work the new camera still.

http://contour.com/stories/file8331--3/embed?map=false&width=960px&height=540px

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »

Maybe it is the camera angle then, but it looks like you have a tiny, tiny (but cute) house :)  Your nice stand-alone garage is almost as big!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »

Is the fish eye view () a setting on the camera Gumby?

I like the video option, we'll have to put that to some use this summer bro!  8)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »
Maybe it is the camera angle then, but it looks like you have a tiny, tiny (but cute) house :)  Your nice stand-alone garage is almost as big!
Nope it is my little abode, and the house and garage are about the same size. House was built in 1920, I had to redo a few things.  :)

So you in for some more TechSpec pieces Max?

Is the fish eye view () a setting on the camera Gumby?

I like the video option, we'll have to put that to some use this summer bro!  8)
Fish-eye setting  ???

You should buy a camera too. I just bought this one http://www.amazon.com/Contour-1600-ContourROAM-Hands-free-Camcorder/dp/B005GLFSYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367381834&sr=8-1&keywords=contour+roam

Offline Snype

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 02:00:09 AM »
I've already bought their snake skin pack.  But I want those side pieces!!!  I find that that snake skin is a little thick.  My tank piece is falling off now.  They seem happy to replace it.  I want to use the slightly thinner one, the C3 or even the High Fusion.  I may also try to re-design it, as I find that i lean more on my tank sometimes (damn buttons and zippers).  There are a lot of complicated angles in the tank that are a little problematic.  The side pads (Snake Skin) are fantastic!!!

I am in on any group buy for those side pads!

Snype

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 05:36:46 AM »
So you in for some more TechSpec pieces Max?

Well, I don't have any such thing on my bike.  I view it like plastic on furniture or runners on carpet...  Besides, I have never had any issue with rub spots or scratches on any of my bikes.  Maybe because I am OCD careful :)

I agree with ZG- at first I thought there was a slight fisheye distortion (actually called "barrel distortion") in the photos.  I used to have one of those lenses, many years ago.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisheye_lens
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline novacon

• nova scotia t
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 07:01:19 AM »
You can count me in on a group buy if it happens.
t
2010 connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »
Well, I don't have any such thing on my bike.  I view it like plastic on furniture or runners on carpet...  Besides, I have never had any issue with rub spots or scratches on any of my bikes.  Maybe because I am OCD careful :)

I agree with ZG- at first I thought there was a slight fisheye distortion (actually called "barrel distortion") in the photos.  I used to have one of those lenses, many years ago.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisheye_lens

These pads are not just for protection Max. I use them all the time for added grip on the tank using my knees. Plus, I think that the bike looks better with them.

I'd be in on a group buy, depending on the price of course.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »
These pads are not just for protection Max. I use them all the time for added grip on the tank using my knees. Plus, I think that the bike looks better with them.
:goodpost:

That is the same reason I put diamond plate rocker panels on my truck. They are useful and they look good. When the time comes that they do not look good anymore I will take them off and the paint is unscathed.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
I've already bought their snake skin pack.  But I want those side pieces!!!  I find that that snake skin is a little thick.  My tank piece is falling off now.  They seem happy to replace it.  I want to use the slightly thinner one, the C3 or even the High Fusion.  I may also try to re-design it, as I find that i lean more on my tank sometimes (damn buttons and zippers).  There are a lot of complicated angles in the tank that are a little problematic.  The side pads (Snake Skin) are fantastic!!!

I am in on any group buy for those side pads!

Snype

I looked at the samples of each style (they send me three little 2"x2" samples in the mail) and will tell you what I worried about.
1. the C3 was just WAY too soft and spongy of a material. I couldn't see how it would hold up to much use.
2. the High Fusion was very thin and seemed a little slick. It would have prevented scratches, but provided little or no "grip".
3. the Snake Skin was just about right in my mind, and was proved to me once I had installed some.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:29 AM »
I use them all the time for added grip on the tank using my knees.

+1...

I even put a set on my wife!  :o ;D ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »

+1...

pics or it didn't happen

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »

+1...

:rotflmao:   :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline quickwilly

• Meh
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:16 PM »
i'm in for a group buy.

This is just for the areas under the seat Right??

Mine are scuffed as well, but I think its from the #2 shop assistant
2009 Connie
2000 ZX-12R