Author Topic: Happy Hurdling!  (Read 6799 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Happy Hurdling!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
What's wrong with that video?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
So explain the flap over NBC's supposed "creepy" video concerning women's gymnastics where some say it portrays them as "sex objects". Well duh! Why do you think the ratings are off the board over beach volleyball and all the other "sports" where women compete with skimpy outfits. Do they really think people watch these sports because of the athletic ability of these women?

Actually, I watch for the sports but it's painful.  My wife watches the tv and me.  If my expression changes one iota then I get smacked up side the head.  It especially happened on the diving events.  I'm still seeing stars...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
Oh, theres nothing wrong with the video, I think its fantastic! More, more, more I say. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 05:57:03 AM »
So explain the flap over NBC's supposed "creepy" video concerning women's gymnastics where some say it portrays them as "sex objects". Well duh! Why do you think the ratings are off the board over beach volleyball and all the other "sports" where women compete with skimpy outfits. Do they really think people watch these sports because of the athletic ability of these women? I'm sure some do but I don't know anybody who does. With the close-ups of butt shots/breast shots during volleyball, tennis, diving, gymnastics, running, I'm wondering why the objection?  If they really wanted to gain credibilty, they'd all compete in full coverage bodysuits. Can't have it both ways. Skimpy outfits mean more viewers, more viewers means more ratings, more ratings means more money for the networks and more money for the sport, higher profile, more sponsors, more ads, more endorsments. Don't get me wrong, I watch the crotch shots, butt shots too, and more money is good. But don't sit there and complain about how people shouldn't leer and gawk when you are stretching and competing when you got nothing more than a bikini on.

I must have missed the 'flap'. Who was complaining?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 06:05:31 AM »
It was a yahoo story, so take it for that, they showed a gymnast taking off her warm-up pants with the headline of "creepy" video supposedly produced by NBC and yanked over protests from an outside source. As I said I think the runner video is great, strange that she's always facing directly on the camera.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »
My guess is that its prolly some ugly fat women who are complaining.    ::)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:07 AM »
feminazis

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 07:14:38 AM »
feminazis

Yep, trying to mess up our fun.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 07:31:14 AM »

Son of Pappy

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2012, 11:19:04 PM »
                                             Speachless..

Michelle Jenneke Sexy Australian Hurdler ( Full )
TTT, QFT (didn't want anyone missing whats on post #1 ;D)

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 01:33:54 AM »
I sure hope Hugh Hefner has taken notice in this fine athlete, for her, uh, fineness..
I think he should do a, a story, yeh, that's it, a story on her WITH PICS! Call it 'Hurdler of the month'!
Just make sure the damn staples doesn't screw the pic up!
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'