Author Topic: Way too hot !!  (Read 8320 times)

Offline Laserjock

Re: Way too hot !!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »
I know what ya guys mean, I just got back from a 190 mile ride around the SF Bay Area and it almost reached 78* in some areas.   8)

=Laserjock=

Offline Shad0hawK

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
We are in day 58 of 100+ degree temps and consecutive day 32 of 100+  Anyone think it's too hot to ride in North Texas?  You wimps on the East Coast need to quit whining about just a couple of 100+ degree days.  Just so you know, our highest temp has reached 114 withOUT the heat index.

i still have not put my heat deflectors back on :)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »
We are in day 58 of 100+ degree temps and consecutive day 32 of 100+  Anyone think it's too hot to ride in North Texas?  You wimps on the East Coast need to quit whining about just a couple of 100+ degree days.  Just so you know, our highest temp has reached 114 withOUT the heat index.

FYI- was hotter when I was in Phoenix, especially out in the desert. Although i riode around recently in N. Texas and Key West too.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »
I know what ya guys mean, I just got back from a 190 mile ride around the SF Bay Area and it almost reached 78* in some areas.   8)

=Laserjock=

Bragging or complaining?
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »
Bragging or complaining?

Sounds like bragging....that its the one rare day there to be warm enough to ride
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 10:15:11 AM »
Its not so much the heat as the bumper to bumper traffic in the NE. Everyday I sit in traffic in 90+ degree weather with 75-100% humidity. I don't care how hard core you are, that just sucks! I'd take the 114 degree heat in the central plains all day if I could keep it moving. Oh, and the 2 1/2 feet of snow every winter isn't fun either. Which is why I ride when I can even in all this traffic.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
Its not so much the heat as the bumper to bumper traffic in the NE. Everyday I sit in traffic in 90+ degree weather with 75-100% humidity. I don't care how hard core you are, that just sucks! I'd take the 114 degree heat in the central plains all day if I could keep it moving. Oh, and the 2 1/2 feet of snow every winter isn't fun either. Which is why I ride when I can even in all this traffic.

I can't disagree. Same situation here in Tampa FL!

Offline mkorn

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 11:03:43 AM »
I feel the heat on my 09 C14 ... but it doesnt feel any worse to me than my 02 750 Nighthawk was.
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s

Offline Laserjock

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 08:01:51 PM »
Bragging or complaining?

Both.  :D

=Laserjock=

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
We don't have the heat in Washington State!  But we do have alot of people killing themselves because they are freakin depress looking at the gray sky 345 days a year.   :o

I've heard it's gorgeous but I don't get how people there can deal with all that gray sky and rainy weather.

As for the heat, I do experience quite a bit on my 09, but with my Motorport kevlar mesh jacket and pants, it seems to help "ease" the pain a bit. One thing I do is wear a Camelpak on the hot days and that makes a world of difference, at least for me. If I'm constantly drinking fluids all day, it doesn't bother me that much. I'm also tired of the winter and after the winter we had here in Massachusetts, I'll take the warm weather any day. At least you can hang outside on the porch in the heat, that can't be said for sub zero temperatures.

-Chris