Author Topic: Lexington, KY to Denver, CO  (Read 1643 times)

Offline jscon2011

Lexington, KY to Denver, CO
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:57:53 PM »
Last week I did a 3000 mile round trip from Kentucky to Colorado, all back roads on the way there and interstate most of the way back. The way out there was great especially dipping down through southern Missouri. I was on I70 through Kansas for a little ways just because...well... yea... Getting to Denver and then heading up to Boulder and through the mountains was well worth the trip. If you've never been, it is amazing. Cliffs hanging over you, rivers coming out from the side of mtns and rushing right past the winding roads. River people out in force (scary but slow). Nice flat spot on my brand new tires is my certificate of completion.

High points:
- Mark Twain National forest in Missouri on HWY 32 (like a roller coaster)
- Boulder Canyon Dr, CO
- Ohio River Scenic byway

Never had any wildlife near the roads, flat tires, or any real problems except sunburn.
Sleeping Connie is sleeping.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: Lexington, KY to Denver, CO
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:21:58 AM »
WTF?? You didn't look me up? No soup for you.

Had a heavy snow last weekend, and it delayed our annual setting of the Elk and Bighorn Sheep silhouettes. We usually have them setup before the "Wreck-all-Creation" vehicle, "Bag-oh-Whino", and "Blue Hair and Hat" season starts second weekend in May. Mule Deer forms are out all year, at least in the lower elevations. There's a reason they don't wander out on the road like Whitetail Deer do. Fact!

;)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline jscon2011

Re: Lexington, KY to Denver, CO
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:35:10 AM »
WTF?? You didn't look me up? No soup for you.

Had a heavy snow last weekend, and it delayed our annual setting of the Elk and Bighorn Sheep silhouettes. We usually have them setup before the "Wreck-all-Creation" vehicle, "Bag-oh-Whino", and "Blue Hair and Hat" season starts second weekend in May. Mule Deer forms are out all year, at least in the lower elevations. There's a reason they don't wander out on the road like Whitetail Deer do. Fact!

;)

Rick

Aw dang man I didn't know you were out there. Come to think, I don't know where anyone from this forums lives.
But I can see you're just north of Boulder. I'm moving to Denver so maybe we'll cross paths.
Sleeping Connie is sleeping.