Author Topic: Sena has announced updated firmware for SMH10 5.1.1  (Read 4418 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Sena has announced updated firmware for SMH10 5.1.1
« on: December 22, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »
http://www.sena.com/support/software/emailcheck/

Be sure to use the latest download manager software in updating your firmware.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
Re: Sena has announced updated firmware for SMH10 5.1.1
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »
Now this is a nice feature 8) 8) (for the S20)
http://www.sena.com/app/

Here is the update info for the S10
http://www.sena.com/sena-released-smh10-firmware-version-5-1-1/
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
Cool! Will update when I get back to Austin after the holidays.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 05:02:23 PM »
I hope my next experience with updating the firmware is better than the last which was a pain in the *ss and a big mess.  Since it works fine for me right now and I won't be using intercom for at least a few months (my new riding buddy has a mostly naked bike and can't do winter) I might wait for the next update and skip this one.

I do love that they continue to update and support their product (even though they have no Linux updater or computer-less option).  It is one of the main reasons I decided to get a Sena SMH10.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 04:12:56 AM »
I haven't had any issues with the updater program or the firmware itself.  I'm running W8.1.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 05:46:35 AM »
I haven't had any issues with the updater program or the firmware itself.  I'm running W8.1.

The only MS-Windows machine I have access to is an ancient XP laptop I kept around for emergencies.  The first procedures I tried under VirtualBox- and it didn't work.  The next several attempts on the ancient laptop didn't work, then it "bricked" one of the Senas and finally I got it to work.

Really, the whole thing is stupid- one should be able to download an update, and simply plop it on the unit's storage using standard USB storage mode and done.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 05:53:27 AM »
I see.  This isn't Sena's fault at all, is it Max? ;D   You haven't kept up with the times.  Get on the bandwagon, Max, and drink the Windows Coolaid.  :rotflmao:   And quit :banghead: .  I've got clients like you that don't keep up and then wonder why things don't work.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 06:44:55 AM »
If I didn't know better, I might be lead to believe that my computers running XP are old and outdated.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 08:36:42 AM »

+1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
I see.  This isn't Sena's fault at all, is it Max? ;D   You haven't kept up with the times.  Get on the bandwagon, Max, and drink the Windows Coolaid.  :rotflmao:   And quit :banghead: .  I've got clients like you that don't keep up and then wonder why things don't work.

I won't acknowledge your prodding with anything other than  "  :P  "

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
 ;D