Author Topic: Laam seat A+  (Read 2434 times)

sailor_chic

Laam seat A+
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »
I am aware that there are many threads out there that cover seat choices, however I wanted to share my experience with Seth and it deserved its own posting. The week that I bought my C14, I arrived at home with 2200 miles on the clock and a sore butt. I couldnt wait to upgrade this seat. So I contacted Seth Laam and he indicated that he could schedule me in. So I promptly sent my seat out to him. After a second phone conversation with him, he knew what needed to be done to make my butt comfy and get my feet firmly on the ground. From the time I sent it in, to the time it was back on my bike was 15 days. A majority of this was shipping time. So his turn-around was fast!
I then rode another 3000 miles on this new seat. It looks awesome and sure did fit my body much better. I will admit though that I wasnt 100% comfortable and still would get sore after a few hours of riding. But nothing like I did with the stock seat.
A couple of weeks ago, I contacted Seth again, and he told me to send the seat back and he would make some adjustments. After he received the seat, he called me and we went over what I was hoping to correct. The next day, he called again to discuss the changes that he was able to do and also for my return shipping address. I inquired on how much I owed him, he told me that there was a comfort guarantee with the initial purchase and that the modifications were covered for free. I then said that I at least wanted to pay him for what he would spend to ship this big box back to Florida. This man would NOT take any money form me for the requested modifications. I was very impressed with how he conducted himself and I feel that he deserves mine/our business.
I wanted to share the wonderful experience that I have had with Seth Laam and the top quality product that he produces. A+ in my book!!!

Offline chap

Re: Laam seat A+
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:23:21 PM »
I am thinking about a new seat as well. How much did he charge For me, the shipping costs from Canada could be high as well. Sounds like this guy is a good guy to work with.
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:07:04 AM »
I had a full leather seat done by Seth 3 yrs. and 45,000 miles ago. Nothing butt comfort for those 3-400 mile days. I have had Corbins that cost 2x as much in the past, butt never again with those rock hard seats.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 05:41:15 AM »
. Nothing butt comfort for those 3-400 mile days. I have had Corbins that cost 2x as much in the past, butt never again with those rock hard seats.

Butt will you be available if people want to ass you specific questions about the seat?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:38:39 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Good one Max! Happy Holidays to the forum!