Author Topic: What did you do for your loved one on Valentines Day?  (Read 4879 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: What did you do for your loved one on Valentines Day?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 09:24:55 PM »
Well, I didn't go to Jared. 

A couple of months ago we went to a custom jewelry store and had a ring designed.  I gave it to her last night and asked the question, and damned if she didn't say "yes". 

Now I'm hosed..............

I'm sure its a statement of some sort that I am announcing it here before I've even told my family.
Best wishes.  April will be 32 years for me, a lady (or partner) in a persons life is one of our greatest gifts.  Congrats :)

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »

If you ever want to get out of the house, join a bowling league.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
Congratulations! After all the jokes and belittlement about it, I like being married. My wife and I passed 31 years last month, all in a row too :-)

But I do have to squeeze a little joke in here..... 'Do married men liver longer, or does it just seem longer?'  ;D

Best of luck to both of you.

Brian

A couple of months ago we went to a custom jewelry store and had a ring designed.  I gave it to her last night and asked the question, and damned if she didn't say "yes". 

I'm sure it's a statement of some sort that I am announcing it here before I've even told my family.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 07:06:01 AM »

I'm sure it's a statement of some sort that I am announcing it here before I've even told my family.

Congrats! Did you set a date yet? Coming up on 37 years for me and my baby.   :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
No date set yet.  We've only known each other for 24 years, so we don't want to rush into anything. ;D

We met in November 1989, broke up up in 1993 when she said "Marry me or get out." I said "See ya."

She called me in the spring of 1996 and we started seeing each other again, but as "just friends" (no benefits), until September of 1998 when she said, "I want to talk about maybe getting married."  I  said "See ya."

I missed her every day for the next 13 years, knowing I'd screwed up but unable to get out of my own way and admit it. I sent her a Christmas card in 2011, just checking her life status, to see if she was still single, etc.  She'd had a long relationship with someone else that didn't work out, but we met and talked and get back together like no time had passed.  We knew it was going to
lead to this and have had many discussions, and now was the time to do this.  We'll both need to sell houses and find a new place and somehow bring two lives together (and 7 cats).  We're both 59 so we aren't kids just starting out.  And we live 87 miles apart on opposite side of Puget Sound, so things will get complicated, but that's OK.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »
Sounds like things are already complicated and what you need to do is simplify things.  :chugbeer: