Author Topic: Cee Bailey's 18.5" installed  (Read 1907 times)

Offline motorcycle_instructor

Cee Bailey's 18.5" installed
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
I have a 2000 Connie and just installed a Cee Bailey's 18.5 inch with the vent and rode with it on the commute in this morning. I'm in Dallas/Fort Worth and have been dealing with 100+ degs. every day lately. Wind noise is much greater, so I will be wearing my earplugs again (should be anyways). But the buffetting around large trucks is gone, the bike felt more stable at higher speeds (took it up well over 90), and the biggest difference is I get a nice breeze down to about the sternum. I'm 5'8" and the with the stock windshield I was cooking. The stock will get use during the winter, but so far, I am happy with the Cee Bailey's.

Offline mlf73

Re: Cee Bailey's 18.5" installed
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »
I'm also using a cut down Cee Bailey vented shield on my 02.  Mine is currently cut to just over 19".  I hated to cut it down because it was in like new condition when I bought it from  a forum member.  I bought it with that intention in mind though.  I've already got a 25.5" vented Cee Bailey for Winter use.  I wanted a good quality summer shield since the ones I'd been making myself with Lexan didn't seem to hold up for more than a season.  I like the rake/lean angle on the Cee Baileys since I think it gives a more sleek look even when it's not cut down as short (measured from bottom to top) as a stock or home made shield.  I get pretty good airflow through the vent and over the top of the shield and not nearly as much buffeting as with the stock shield.

Marlan
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks