Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888943 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2760 on: July 03, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »
Waved goodbye to her :'(

A moment of silence for her departure.

Those straps going over the fairing to the handlebars isn't the best idea. Oh well.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2761 on: July 03, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »
Opps: I forgot about the accident with the '08 and yes, you did tell the story. My mistake.

Brian

I know I told this story, but maybe was on another forum or two. Anyway, when the 09 munched its valves I spent a bunch of hours transferring farkles and good parts and long distance equipment (AST highway pegs, Zumo harness, new tire, etc, etc. Then 5 days before departure for the MSTA national in Colorado Springs I was on a beer run and got rear ended by a teenage girl in a Toyota Corolla. Various damage to bags, Area P slip-on, rear fender BUT the main frame was broken. Totaled! :-[
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2762 on: July 03, 2017, 08:31:58 AM »
Hard to tell but it looks like the strap goes under the bars and over fairing. But at any rate, Bob said the body is a little less than stellar, and now with the recent crash damage, how to strap it for towing is probably not the critical thing.

It also looks like the car towing the bike has had its own interesting history. And a lot of the damage is just in front of the bike so if the bike does get loose under hard braking it might not matte that much.

Brian

A moment of silence for her departure.

Those straps going over the fairing to the handlebars isn't the best idea. Oh well.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2763 on: July 03, 2017, 08:41:27 AM »
Yes. I picked this up Friday:

It won't really replace the C14 for two-up touring, however, so I have an agreement to purchase an 08 with 50,000 on her for a good price.

Sweet! I picked up a 15 1200S and have now taken 2 moderate trips on it. It does not have the wind protection of the C14 but still quite capable of long distance travel.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2764 on: July 03, 2017, 08:55:44 AM »
Hard to tell but it looks like the strap goes under the bars and over fairing. But at any rate, Bob said the body is a little less than stellar, and now with the recent crash damage, how to strap it for towing is probably not the critical thing.

It also looks like the car towing the bike has had its own interesting history. And a lot of the damage is just in front of the bike so if the bike does get loose under hard braking it might not matte that much.

Brian

Take another look Brian. The car with the interesting history is even more so. Both the car and the bike appear to be on the same trailer.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2765 on: July 03, 2017, 09:34:41 AM »
Right! Did not even notice that.

So the only thing left in that maybe the towing device is still intact?

;D

Brian

Take another look Brian. The car with the interesting history is even more so. Both the car and the bike appear to be on the same trailer.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2766 on: July 03, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »
I duly warned the driver about putting stress on the risers. He  seemed to have little experience towing bikes. I had to ride it up the ramp for him. That is actually just the trailer's loading ramp. He was bitching about dispatch making him pick up two vehicles in one trip
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2767 on: July 03, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »
Sweet! I picked up a 15 1200S and have now taken 2 moderate trips on it. It does not have the wind protection of the C14 but still quite capable of long distance travel.
this is a 950 but stii planning to use for solo touring.

Offline JerBear

« Reply #2768 on: July 09, 2017, 01:14:03 PM »
I replaced both the tires. I really love that new bike feeling that new tires gives a bike!   While removing the front tire, noticed the front of the radiator was really dirty.  Any suggestions as the best way to clean the radiator?  I don't want to damage any of the small fins between the cores.  I suppose taking it off and running low pressure water between the fins from the back side would be ok but perhaps someone out there has a better way?  I have a fender extender already but as you know the Rad is right out there and gets a lot of stuff on it.  I'm due a coolant change anyway.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2769 on: July 09, 2017, 02:18:50 PM »
You can clean it with a power washer, but ONLY if you use a fan spray and from a good distance and carefully, and in the right direction :)   I do this to my outside HVAC every year for decades with no problem.    Typically I clean my radiator with the hose when I wash the bike using it on stream at full force and it doesn't bend the fends (but there is a world of difference between a hose pressure and a power washer).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2770 on: July 10, 2017, 03:42:42 AM »
I replaced both the tires. I really love that new bike feeling that new tires gives a bike!   While removing the front tire, noticed the front of the radiator was really dirty.  Any suggestions as the best way to clean the radiator?  I don't want to damage any of the small fins between the cores.  I suppose taking it off and running low pressure water between the fins from the back side would be ok but perhaps someone out there has a better way?  I have a fender extender already but as you know the Rad is right out there and gets a lot of stuff on it.  I'm due a coolant change anyway.

I always try to 'backwash' the rad by spraying the backside through the fins in the fairing. Works for me. 

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2771 on: July 10, 2017, 04:07:34 PM »

Stihl says it's no longer in production, but this puppy can be obtained anyway. Air, rather than water pressure, should clean out most of the nasties.

I use this also on my HVAC. A little more often than once per year, and when conditions are dry rather than wet, but it gets rid of the crud.

http://classicturfequipment.com/products/ybravo/product/67-bg-55-stihl-blower
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2772 on: July 21, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
That sucks!!! So Im guessing that your in the market for another one? There have been some great deals around here lately

Just wanted to let y'all know I am a happy 08 Connie rider again. Farm Bureau totaled my first 08 for 6325 and I found an ABS 08 with 50,000 in nice condition not too far away for 3500.

Only downside, I now have three potatoe launchers cluttering my garage. I wonder will the scrap metal place take them ;)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2773 on: July 21, 2017, 06:52:13 PM »
Just wanted to let y'all know I am a happy 08 Connie rider again. Farm Bureau totaled my first 08 for 6325 and I found an ABS 08 with 50,000 in nice condition not too far away for 3500.

Yay!  Welcome back to the club!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2774 on: July 22, 2017, 07:11:43 AM »

Only downside, I now have three potatoe launchers cluttering my garage. I wonder will the scrap metal place take them ;)

$3,500?  :o

Nice price! Congrats!

Can you weld? Maybe you can weld those three potato launchers together and make a work of art? At least you could call it art I guess.    ;)

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2775 on: July 22, 2017, 01:23:41 PM »

Nice price! Congrats!

Can you weld? Maybe you can weld those three potato launchers together and make a work of art? At least you could call it art I guess.    ;)
With low mileage units available for a fair price it is nearly impossible to sell one with 50,000, Except tor someone who knows the motors are good for 200,000 and happens to have a full set of spare parts on hand.

I actually have a degree in Fine Arts. Unfortunately I don't know how to weld. Or have any artistic talent for that matter.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #2776 on: July 22, 2017, 08:29:57 PM »

Nice price! Congrats!

You could bury them in a time capsule, and someone 300 years from now would dig them up and think they found some dinosaur dongs.

Offline Impster

« Reply #2777 on: July 27, 2017, 10:29:06 AM »
Installed the new Corbin seat.

Top: Black bomber jacket leather
Sides: Grey leather
Welt: Lime green

----
2016 Concourse 14 (Black), Corbin seat, Murph's risers, T-Rex lowering links and kickstand

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2778 on: July 27, 2017, 02:41:13 PM »
Installed the new Corbin seat.

Top: Black bomber jacket leather
Sides: Grey leather
Welt: Lime green
that looks great!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2779 on: July 27, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
Like the stripes too!