Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 890026 times)

AlbertaDoug

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1420 on: August 05, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
Yes to temps.
A bit of a trade off but worth it for longer rides.
Look forward to it.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1421 on: August 05, 2015, 04:56:15 PM »
I would like to know more about these Alaskan sheep skin butt pads. Are they just for ventilation purposes or for discomfort?

What happens when it rains?  It looks like it would retain the water.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1422 on: August 05, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
Nicole, Rubberdown lives in the frigid north so he skinned the whole damn sheep so he can use it as a survival blanket when the temps drop.  :)

;D :finger_fing11: 
Works pretty good as a pillow in a pinch!!

What happens when it rains?  It looks like it would retain the water.

It's never seen the rain. Into the saddle bags or trunk first sign of rain.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1423 on: August 06, 2015, 08:25:27 AM »
Yes to temps.
A bit of a trade off but worth it for longer rides.
Look forward to it.

If I lived in the great white north I would have definitely ordered my Corbin seat with the heat option.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1424 on: August 08, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »
After 8 days of working on/off on my bike, I finally got everything done.

Here is the list of what I did:

Valve shim adjustment
New tires
Grease drive shaft splines
Check front brakes thickness. New pads are sitting on shelf, ready to be installed in a few thousand miles.
KN air filter
Greased and tightened head bearings
Cam sensor o-rings
Fuji lock nuts on exhaust
New headlight bulbs
Cleaned battery terminals
Gear lube
Adjusted shift lever height
Fork rebuild. Race Tech springs, Gold valves, both compression and rebound. New fork seals and fork oil.

I sure can say that I did learn a lot and my mechanical skills have progressed. Starting the bike for the first time after the shim adjustment was tense. I hit the starter button and it fired for a second and quit. I freaked out! After pondering why, I decided to hit the starter button again. This time it didn't fire. Tried again, nothing. Third time I twisted the throttle a bit and success. Purr'd like it usually does.Tense moments though.

A short ride of about 3 miles is all I did tonight. Maybe monday I will go ride around Lake Okeechobee, if time allows. Tomorrow is Vmax day!!

And the really good news is that I didnt break a nail. However my nail guy is going to freak out when he see's my nails. He has his work cut out for himself on Tuesday

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1425 on: August 08, 2015, 10:06:40 PM »
Say hello to Mr. Max for us...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1426 on: August 09, 2015, 05:59:16 AM »
Nail guy?.....you have a nail guy? I'm sooo jealous.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1427 on: August 09, 2015, 07:11:33 AM »
All that and nice nails too?

Hey, what do you know about metal roofs?    ;)

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=19334.0
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1428 on: August 09, 2015, 08:19:24 AM »
Nail guy?.....you have a nail guy? I'm sooo jealous.

I have a nail guy but he works in a hardware store.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1429 on: August 09, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
Say hello to Mr. Max for us...

Mr. Max is smiling! I rode em hard!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1430 on: August 09, 2015, 01:37:55 PM »

Hmm....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1431 on: August 09, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1432 on: August 09, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »
C'mon Nicole, stick and 'Easy Boys' in there somewhere, will ya'?

:rotflmao:

I hope you did not put him away wet.... :-)  Funny story: I used that expression (ridden hard, put away wet) in from of my S-I-L one day and she took great offense. ?? After quizzing her about it, she thought it was a negative sexual reference to human females. Ah. So I explained that it has absolutely nothing to do with humans or any sexual reference, it is in reference to working a horse hard, until it lathers (I believe horses are the only furred animals that actually sweat) and then putting said horse in the barn immediately. This leaves the horse much worse for the task, all matted and quite poor looking. The expression is of course used today to generally refer to anything abused and the worse for it ('That car looks like it was rid hard and put up wet' for example means the car is quite tired and rough looking). She responded that she still did not like the expression..... and I suggested how much less she would like it if someone applied it to her on a 'bad hair day' for example.  ;D ;D

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1433 on: August 09, 2015, 05:56:54 PM »
Today I got up and washed the Concours and then rode it the fastest, most aggressive, and longest ever (was following someone new).  Also got the worst gas mileage ever- 39MPG.  Can't believe my back held up for 4.5 hours.  Got home and still had to mow the lawn and do three loads of laundry.  I wonder how I will feel in the morning...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #1434 on: August 09, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
Put new TPMS sensors on my spare rims, Mounted new tires & balanced. Put them on my 2012 & programed the bike for the new TPMS sensors & while I was at it I programed an extra spare passive fob. Took a 200 mile cruise & all is smooth  :chugbeer:
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #1435 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:57 AM »
Installed my Copperdawg, went for some back road and hwy riding here in WNC. Started ordering parts and supplies for my winter tear down. Dong my valves and pulling all plastic for a paint do over.
Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1436 on: August 10, 2015, 04:58:08 AM »
Today I got up and washed the Concours and then rode it the fastest, most aggressive, and longest ever (was following someone new).  Also got the worst gas mileage ever- 39MPG.  Can't believe my back held up for 4.5 hours.  Got home and still had to mow the lawn and do three loads of laundry.  I wonder how I will feel in the morning...

I certainly hope that neither you, the bike, or your laundry got put away wet?  ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Doenitz

« Reply #1437 on: August 11, 2015, 09:34:03 PM »
Glued an O'Haire Great Falls Hotel yellow rubber duck to the top of my Givi top case, just for luck.

Offline Wandrng

• Wandering the back roads of the USA & life
    • Wandering Back Roads
« Reply #1438 on: August 12, 2015, 01:16:10 PM »
I didn't do it TO the Concours - I did it FOR the Concours

I joined this forum.

Life is too short to live the same day twice.
2015 Concours 14 -- 2007 Kawasaki KLR650 --  2003 Honda Magna 750 -- 2 V65 Magnas
Wandering Back Roads:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1439 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:58 PM »
I didn't do it TO the Concours - I did it FOR the Concours

I joined this forum.

Ok, THAT is an unusual color combination :)

Welcome!