Author Topic: 11foot8  (Read 3971 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: 11foot8
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2024, 02:19:55 PM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2024, 02:46:15 AM »
Hopefully they will prosecute the truck driver for leaving wreckage in the road.
It amazed me the number of other idiots who just drove over the wreckage before that one guy stopped to clear it off the road.
Do they WANT punctures? So many dumbfuqs on the roads!!
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2024, 04:04:58 AM »
You got that right, Boomer.  We have no shortage of fidiots over here.  Agree totally that they should be prosecuted when they leave debris in the road.  As for the brave souls getting the debris out..  It's dangerous as hell getting out of a vehicle and removing the debris.  They'll run you over in the road as they are usually on their damn cell phones.  Someone should have called the cops and let them sort it out.  At least they have cars with flashy lights and things.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2024, 03:15:57 PM »
You got that right, Boomer.  We have no shortage of fidiots over here.

In fairness, there are fidiots all over the world.  There are far worse places to try and drive than the USA :)  But we certainly have our share, for sure.

It's dangerous as hell getting out of a vehicle and removing the debris.  They'll run you over in the road as they are usually on their damn cell phones.  Someone should have called the cops and let them sort it out.  At least they have cars with flashy lights and things.

That is what I would do.  I wouldn't dare try to remove it myself unless it was daytime, clear, low-traffic, dry, and easy/quick to remove.  Even then, I would put the vehicle well behind me with the emergency flashers on.  Otherwise, I would just call and hope nobody hits it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2024, 06:08:08 PM »
It's already illegal to leave trash on the road.

I agree about the police but it would be a very low priority for them right now.

I drove a 110 foot ladder truck with enough flashing lights to blind an eyeless dog and it never really helped much, I would just block the road, and even then they would try to go around me.

COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2024, 01:31:11 AM »
Plenty of idiot drivers here too.  :(

In 2017 I bounced off the side of a Semi-trailer when he turned in front of me without signalling. Thankfully I didn't go under the trailer.
During the 45 mins I was laid in the road waiting for the ambulance, one narcissistic asswhole came over to where the paramedic was helping me stay on my left side to protect my damaged right-shoulder and started complaining that he was late for work and couldn't they move me so he could get past. The paramedic tried to reason politely with the asswhole but he was adamant until I finally told him to "f*** off and ******* with a ****** up his ****** and die" (my excuse for my lack of patience with the asswhole was that I was in considerable pain due to an AC Separation (Grade2) of my right shoulder). The paramedic nearly dropped me he laughed so hard, and the asswhole slunk off back to his car.
Some people can't seem to consider anyone else's needs above their own. At the time I know I couldn't.  :rotflmao:

I agree that stopping to clear dangerous junk from the road has risk, but it can be mitigated like the guy in the car did, by stopping and putting your emergency signals on. Personally I would have reversed a bit further and would have kept a close eye on vehicles coming whilst I was clearing the junk. Driving over the wreckage is just plain stupid. All they had to do was wait a few seconds and then drive around it, or get out and clear it from the road.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2024, 06:15:22 AM »
Max, have you driven in Fredericksburg lately?  I've nearly been hit twice in crosswalks there.  It's to the point I park somewhere else on the side of the street I'm going to be on rather than use a crosswalk on a semi busy street there.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2024, 08:04:39 AM »
On a related note, my wife once worked with a woman who was late for work, her excuse? Well, turns out that when she was on her way to work, the road was blocked and since she only knew one way to get to work, she drove all the way home and started again back to work using another way.

Our roads, signs, laws and traffic patterns are designed and built with the lowest driver intelligence in mind.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2024, 03:25:24 PM »
Max, have you driven in Fredericksburg lately?

It has been many years since I was there.

I've nearly been hit twice in crosswalks there.  It's to the point I park somewhere else on the side of the street I'm going to be on rather than use a crosswalk on a semi busy street there.

I hear ya.  There are crazies everywhere.  And like you said, most of them are glued to a phone.  It isn't just drivers.  PEDESTRIANS are also just walking out in front of me, usually not in a crosswalk, LOOKING AT DAMN PHONES, who apparently have a death wish.  I even see people BICYCLING while looking at phones.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc