Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889939 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2300 on: July 06, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »
No recent posts here from y'all, so I will admit I went for a back road twisty ride today, even though it was in the mid 90's with crazy humidity.  I decided to smell the flowers, so I held to the posted speed limits 55-70 MPH, and got 47 MPG.  So glad to be back on the Connie once again.  Working for the next seven days, so no riding except to work n back.. 

A safe time to all is today's wish. 

An update on my previous post.  The case was declared a homicide, and it was discovered that the bike was stolen to be resold to a specific buyer.  The buyer realized that being shown a bike at 3 AM was kinda hinky and he turned down the purchase and contacted the authorities about what had transpired.  Further searching is currently on going, to secure the case against the a**holes that murdered Larry for his motorcycle.  tp
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:10:28 PM by tomp »
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #2301 on: July 07, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »
I'll help ya out here Tom.

I've washed my bike 3 times in the past 10 days after putting over 5000 miles on it.
I was given done bad advice on a route and ended up riding 13 miles on mountain gravel roads in Oregon.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2302 on: July 07, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
 :yikes: :yikes: and  :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2303 on: July 07, 2016, 10:21:34 AM »
Okay, I'll type something. Wasn't TODAY, but was four days ago. Pulled the plastics, relaxed and re-torqued all the engine mounting bolts to spec, torqued exhaust header nuts, and torqued radiator mounting bolts.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline slolifepilot

« Reply #2304 on: July 07, 2016, 03:22:17 PM »
Seven of us from work decided to take a morning ride up to Lake Isabella east of Bakersfield Ca.  Great ride to grab some breakfast and enjoy the mountain roads on the way home.  A real mix bag of bikes but a ton of fun! 8)

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2305 on: July 07, 2016, 03:42:26 PM »
Seven of us from work decided to take a morning ride up to Lake Isabella east of Bakersfield Ca.  Great ride to grab some breakfast and enjoy the mountain roads on the way home.  A real mix bag of bikes but a ton of fun! 8)

Great pic guy! Thanks for sharing. I bet y'all COULD have scared the crap out of some cage traffic with that mix. Tell me... what is the bike next to the NC700 that we can't see?
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline tomp

« Reply #2306 on: July 07, 2016, 04:28:40 PM »
Great pic guy! Thanks for sharing. I bet y'all COULD have scared the crap out of some cage traffic with that mix. Tell me... what is the bike next to the NC700 that we can't see?
It's a Ducati Scrambler, Full Throttle model.  To me, the best looking of the Duc Scramblers. 

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2307 on: July 07, 2016, 04:34:41 PM »
It's a Ducati Scrambler, Full Throttle model.  To me, the best looking of the Duc Scramblers.

Not that one... the one between the NC700x and the Scrambler. All you can see is a spoke wheel.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline tomp

« Reply #2308 on: July 07, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »
I'll help ya out here Tom.

I've washed my bike 3 times in the past 10 days after putting over 5000 miles on it.
I was given done bad advice on a route and ended up riding 13 miles on mountain gravel roads in Oregon.
Haven't been here for a while, but since I repurchased my Connie, I got re-involved with the forum. 

Are you still on the road or back home now?  If back, did you post an RR or a photo vid like before?  Hope it was/is a fun time... tomp

Offline tomp

« Reply #2309 on: July 07, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »
Not that one... the one between the NC700x and the Scrambler. All you can see is a spoke wheel.
Do believe that is a Triumph Thruxton.  tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #2310 on: July 07, 2016, 11:33:18 PM »
Haven't been here for a while, but since I repurchased my Connie, I got re-involved with the forum. 

Are you still on the road or back home now?  If back, did you post an RR or a photo vid like before?  Hope it was/is a fun time... tomp

I wasn't aware that you had sold your Connie. Glad you came to your senses and repurchased it.

I'm still on the road. Currently in Puyallup WA.

Here's some brief stats....

Port St Lucie FL to Anacortes WA,  adding up to 5865 miles,  crossing 14 states in 12 days.
I'm flying home on Saturday, taking care of my obligations (work) for 3 weeks, and then a return flight Aug 6th, and taking another 14 days to ride back to Florida.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2311 on: July 08, 2016, 05:59:51 AM »
Good for you!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #2312 on: July 08, 2016, 06:49:37 AM »
WOW NICOLE, you are living the life... Hopefully we'll get the full RR upon your return in late August.  tomp

Offline slolifepilot

« Reply #2313 on: July 08, 2016, 01:49:47 PM »
It is a Thruxton, green with gold stripe, great bike. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2314 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:31 AM »
Wore out the rear tire riding the Colorado Rockies with my brothers last week. So I put a new set of PR4 GT's on it this weekend. Just love how the bike handles with new tires!

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #2315 on: July 21, 2016, 11:25:57 AM »
left the knob in the on position -> dead battery  >:(

Cant charge it with my measly trickle charger (0.75a) so I am going to hook it up to the big charger (2a to 10a), if that doesnt work I will carefully attempt to jump start the battery. It is scary to get nothing on the display and not being able to turn the key... I JUST WANT TO RIDE!
Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2316 on: July 21, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »
left the knob in the on position -> dead battery  >:(

Cant charge it with my measly trickle charger (0.75a) so I am going to hook it up to the big charger (2a to 10a), if that doesnt work I will carefully attempt to jump start the battery. It is scary to get nothing on the display and not being able to turn the key... I JUST WANT TO RIDE!

Jump it with a car. Could even try push starting it ... well coast-down-a-hill starting it anyway. (and then pray that sucker starts!)

A full sized charger is good to have, though.

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #2317 on: July 21, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »
Can they be push started? 

When I first got my C14, I did this a few times (leave the knob in the on position)...

We tried push-starting it, but had no luck...   Resorted to jumping it from a car...  I figured with no juice, that the fuel pump wouldn't run, or the ignition circuitry wasn't functioning, or the leprechauns were just mad at me...

(the dealer I spoke to later was HORRIFIED that I'd jumped it from a car - told me that was almost guaranteed to fry everything.  I took that with a grain of salt since I'd dome it 3 times before speaking to him...  I suppose it's possible...)

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2318 on: July 21, 2016, 03:03:06 PM »
If it is an older battery and sat for too long completely dead, it can be really difficult to resurrect it with just a normal charger.  It is dangerous, but some times it takes a LOT of power, sometimes at a higher voltage to snap it back into acceptable a charge.  Other times the battery will go permanently bad.  The only thing lead acid batteries hate more than being drained to absolute zero is being drained and left that way for a long time (days+).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2319 on: July 21, 2016, 03:04:37 PM »
(the dealer I spoke to later was HORRIFIED that I'd jumped it from a car - told me that was almost guaranteed to fry everything.

???  It is perfectly safe to jump start a 12v bike from a 12v car.  I don't know why he would be horrified, or even concerned!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc