Author Topic: Kasparsky Internet Program  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Kasparsky Internet Program
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:23:39 AM »
I have been using Kasp. for quite a few yrs. now. It has done very well, but something new has come up. My 2011 protection was near its end, so even with over 30 days left in its protection, I started getting e-mails from K asp telling me a different days total then what my records showed.
Now it was only a couple of weeks off, so I just went ahead and purchased the new 2012 Int. Protection. It downloaded just fine, and seems to be working fine, and is only 10 days old. But I turn on the puter this morning and a pop up tells me that the 2012 protection has only 15 days left.
I have tried to call Kasp., on hold for 45 minutes, then disconnected, e-mails from the Support section go ignored, and a thread on the Kasp. website has recieved no help.
I am just curious, has anyone else had these problems ?
Just curious, any help is apreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline GeeBeav

Re: Kasparsky Internet Program
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:56:56 AM »
Not with Kasparsky, but I was getting the same crap with Symantec. I'd renew for 2 yrs, the next year I'd get a bill. Every year it was something, they couldn't keep up with my subscription, so finally cancelled. Have been using free MS Security Essentials, no problems yet.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »
Greg,

I'm not familiar with that program but I was wondering if you uninstalled the old version first? Some programs are smart enough to check for an old version first and to either prompt you to uninstall or they do the uninstall automatically.

It sounds like the old and the new versions are confused, I've seen that issue many times in the past.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »
I'm using Kaspersky now. I had Symantec for years and McAfee before that. Unless you are using an enterprise version, McAfee is the worst virus your computer can get. Symantec is almost as bad. Symantec would pop up a window about every 10 minutes saying there is only X time left on your subscription. It bugged me so much I once renewed for another year and 10 minutes later a window popped up saying only 13 months time left on your subscription do you want to renew? Kaspersky has not done that at all in the 2 years I have been using it. I'm surprised to hear of the problem you are having. And BTW I would much rather get email spam then a window popping up on my computer every few minutes.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
Conrad,
Yes I un-installed the 2011 program first, then installed the 2012 version.
I was on the phone with them 3 times today, they can't seem to figure it out either. Short of refunding my money and starting completly over, they seem to be guessing also.
I guess we'll see what comes up.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:39:10 PM »
  I've had several AV programs over the yrs. They start out nice then proceed to load up your computer with crap 'til you finally dump it!!!   When I installed Windows 7 I used their AV (free) and haven't had a problem in 2 yrs. Does its thing in the background,works great and doesn't send me a bill. :thumbs:
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 04:55:23 AM »
Conrad,
Yes I un-installed the 2011 program first, then installed the 2012 version.
I was on the phone with them 3 times today, they can't seem to figure it out either. Short of refunding my money and starting completly over, they seem to be guessing also.
I guess we'll see what comes up.
Ride safe all,
Greg

Just grasping at straws here. Maybe uninstall the new version and make sure that the folder that the program lived in is also gone. How comfortable are you with editing the registry? Then restart and reinstall.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 02:22:26 AM »
I use Ubuntu.   ;D
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
I have been using McAfee for quite a few years now. Started out by using the enterprise version that my work place uses. But they had way too much protection built in - it won't even uninstall properly. Went with a retail version. I did notice that compared to newer Norton, McAfee is a resource hog. So, it is not for the faint computers ! Overall though I am pretty happy with it. Have not had any problems with stuff infecting my computer.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline McJunkie

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
Had the same problem and got a hold of Kasperski. They told me not to worry about it. That the subscription has to run out before the new one you purchased takes over. All the warning messages are annoying as hell but it did as I was told. The old subscription ran out and the next day I had 365 days remaining. Kasperski was loaded on both my laptop and desktop when purchased and I always had problems with them booting up. Took them off and went with Norton and haven't had a problem booting up since. It even allows my Sony software to update itself now. Kasperski never would. It would stop the downloads at 99%. I know allot of people like it. It didn't work for me.

Offline booger

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 04:41:15 PM »
I purchased my computer at Best Buy and use Kasperski.  I went through a similar ordeal on the original purchase.  I have 16 days left on the current subscription and am cringing at the thought of having to renew it. :-\