Author Topic: ProjektD lift handle  (Read 14485 times)

Offline mtn.connie

Re: ProjektD lift handle
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »
Service?

I guess you got a point for most folks. I use a lift for all my service needs. Nice to have a buddy with one in his garage :)

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »
I see no need for this product what-so-ever.  There's already a handle right where this thing mounts from the factory...it's called the passenger peg mounting bracket.  Just grab it right under the rear shock preload adjuster knob.
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline papaboomboom

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »
1. Keep kickstand DOWN just in case you fail to raise bike
2. Grab left handlebar and left passenger grab rail
3. Put foot on center stand until it touches the ground.
4. Tilt bike until you can feel BOTH feet of the center stand firmly on the ground. (Most inexperienced users do not get the bike squarely upright on both feet as they feel the bike is going to tip.)
5. Apply pressure with your foot to put the bike firmly on the centerstand.

I am 5'2" and not very strong for a woman. I have no problems getting the bike on the center stand and neither should you.

P.S. Leaning the bike far enough to get both center stand feed squarely on the ground is the key.

Yes, they're real...and they is sensational...

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 10:30:07 AM »
1. Keep kickstand DOWN just in case you fail to raise bike
2. Grab left handlebar and left passenger grab rail
3. Put foot on center stand until it touches the ground.
4. Tilt bike until you can feel BOTH feet of the center stand firmly on the ground. (Most inexperienced users do not get the bike squarely upright on both feet as they feel the bike is going to tip.)
5. Apply pressure with your foot to put the bike firmly on the centerstand.

I am 5'2" and not very strong for a woman. I have no problems getting the bike on the center stand and neither should you.

P.S. Leaning the bike far enough to get both center stand feed squarely on the ground is the key.

Okay I have to ask.  You say you are a 5'2" woman.  How DO you ride this thing?  I'm 6'0" and I can't fully flat foot my bike.  Is your bike lowered?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
Let's see. 23 responses and only one answer to the OP's question. Most are "man-up an put the thing on the stand. Or "women-up". What's up with this? Why do any farkles? If it makes life easier or things more convenient go for it.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 11:02:27 AM »
Let's see. 23 responses and only one answer to the OP's question. Most are "man-up an put the thing on the stand. Or "women-up". What's up with this? Why do any farkles? If it makes life easier or things more convenient go for it.
Just what I was thinking. My point was that I can put it up on the stand - not the problem. Just wondering if the handle made it easier. One response only by gadallah that has experience with it. And he likes it! Surprised nobody got into how easy it is to pick the bike up after dropping it too.

Offline RedBombardier

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »
Just what I was thinking. My point was that I can put it up on the stand - not the problem. Just wondering if the handle made it easier. One response only by gadallah that has experience with it. And he likes it! Surprised nobody got into how easy it is to pick the bike up after dropping it too.

I watched this thread from time to time with astonishment.  I do have the ProjectD handle and think it is great.  It does make it easier to get the bike on the center stand.  I can also easily get the Connie on the center with the pass. grab rail  but those who say that the passenger grab rail is where it should be are... well never mind.  That rail is nowhere where  it is on other bikes and I have had a lot of them.  I have three right now.  I find it odd that it seems the biggest critics are ones who have not even used it.  It is very well made and is a great help for those who need to move to an awkward position to raise the bike.  While I have not needed to pick my connie up from the ground... yet..., it seems it would also be invaluable for that.  So... there are now two.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 11:42:45 AM by RedBombardier »
Chris from the Big "D"
COG# 9361
AMA# 672853 Life
2009 Candy Diamond Red C14, Guhl. Delkevic

Offline Gsun

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
I watched this thread from time to time with astonishment.  I do have the Projectd handle and think it is great.  It does make it easier to get the bike on the center stand.  I can also easily get the Connie on the center with the pass. grab rail  but those who say that the passenger grab rail is where it should be are... well never mind.  That rail is nowhere it is on other bikes and I have had a lot of them.  I have three right now.  I find it odd that it seems the biggest critics are ones who have not even used it.  It is very well made and is a great help for those who need to move to an awkward position to raise the bike.  While I have not needed to pick my connie up from the ground... yet..., it seems it would also be invaluable for that.  So... there are now two.
Thanks Red. I appreciate an experienced reply. I think I might get the handle....

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
]Thanks for this thread. Had labored with that for the 2 months I have owned the bike. 7k miles later I got it figgerred out with a little help. Went right up after reading through here. Read owners manual several times but did not help. I haave a feeling with my newly reconstructed right shoulder this farkle may be very useful as I can deal lift a lot but twisting back to grab the passenger hand puts a bit more stress on the shoulder and the after market passenger boards on the bike are just big metal blocks

Only problem is the passenger boards the previous owner put on are 3 inches wide and 6 inches of solid metal. Hard to get my leg between the passenger boards and driver pegs. Rarely can I get my girl off her HD Dyna but when I do she likes a little variability. May switch to these Kuryakyn swing wing pegs......would really help get her off that 09 antique air cooled thingie and with her on back at least she could keep up!

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline papaboomboom

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:33 AM »
Mister Tee:

height has nothing to do with riding ability or skill. Dani Pedrosa is 5"2" and is one of the worlds best MotoGP riders with a seat height similar to ours. While I cannot reach the ground with both feet, there is really no need to. At stops my bike is leaned to the left with my left foot flat on the ground. If I want to put the bike into neutral, I come to a stop and lean to the right and put my right foot down. Only thing I cannot do is move the bike around by pedaling my feet. It does require me to be careful as to where I park.

It takes time to feel comfortable with a bike this heavy so I would not suggest the Concours as a 1st bike for anyone.

I guess you've never ridden a KTM with a 34" seat height.

Yes, they're real...and they is sensational...

Offline charliespain

• CARPE DIEM
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
Hi all
I greet you from Melilla (North Africa)
The item I have placed in my c-14.
One of the best purchases I've made.
I'd advise

regards

Offline charliespain

• CARPE DIEM
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 02:06:42 PM »
I send you some pictures of my C-14

Regards,

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 03:20:42 PM »
Hi all
I greet you from Melilla (North Africa)
The item I have placed in my c-14.
One of the best purchases I've made.
I'd advise

regards
Welcome. Nice Bike.
How are the roads in Morocco?

Offline SkipH76

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
Thanks for the input. Went out and tried grabbing where you show and it is not any easier than where I usually grab. If the bags are full and the top box, it would actually probably be harder.  I have to rock the bike a bit to get enough leverage on the stand as well. So, back to the original question, has anybody tried the handle?

Original question answer:  Yes, I purchased it, tried it, immediately removed it and returned it.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »
For those of you that have the McEnterprise saddlebag guards... they work well for a grip helping lift the bike too.  ;)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
Original question answer:  Yes, I purchased it, tried it, immediately removed it and returned it.
What was it that didn't work for you?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »
What was it that didn't work for you?

I think, and I'm guessing a bit, but I would say the ProjektD handle...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 06:28:59 PM »
One in every crowd isn't there?

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »

:rotflmao:  Now that's funny right there....
But seriously, you don't need a handle.  Have a buddy stand on the other side, just to make sure it doesn't tip over, then step on the center stand with everything you got.  Don't even touch the bike with your hands. (that's why you need the safety buddy).  Just to prove it to yourself.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
OK, you are the first one that didn't like it - why?