Author Topic: fuzeblock ?  (Read 2319 times)

Offline TimmyG

fuzeblock ?
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
Ok i have a quick ?, as far the trigger wire do I use just the + wire? Or do I also use the ground? Or does that go to the frame?

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
Re: fuzeblock ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:15:36 AM »
Your question is as clear as mud.  Explain what you mean by "trigger wire".  It's a fuse block that offers fused electricity at all times and/or when the ignition key is turned on.  State specifically what you want to know so I or someone else can answer your question without responding with another question as I am now doing.
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline RedBombardier

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 06:00:55 AM »
You took the words right out of my mouth...
Chris from the Big "D"
COG# 9361
AMA# 672853 Life
2009 Candy Diamond Red C14, Guhl. Delkevic

Bob

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 06:50:23 AM »
Yes the coil wire (trigger as you put it) will work using the auxiliary wire! IIRC, the fuse-block uses a three wire set up. Your two power wires (+-) should come from the battery (+ wire being fused at the battery). The third wire or + coil wire is to (trigger) the coil. This can come from the auxiliary wires. You should only need the + wire. The coil negative should be fed from the the main power wires.
 Of course double check what I said before hand. To make sure what I am telling you is correct. Then you wire your devices to the corresponding +- slots. The jumper positions allow you to change from live or switched power for your devices. Probably more information than needed. But I figured I'd cover what I could just in case.

Offline TimmyG

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »
Thanks bob

Offline scgoan

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
Yes the coil wire (trigger as you put it) will work using the auxiliary wire! IIRC, the fuse-block uses a three wire set up. Your two power wires (+-) should come from the battery (+ wire being fused at the battery). The third wire or + coil wire is to (trigger) the coil. This can come from the auxiliary wires. You should only need the + wire. The coil negative should be fed from the the main power wires.
 Of course double check what I said before hand. To make sure what I am telling you is correct. Then you wire your devices to the corresponding +- slots. The jumper positions allow you to change from live or switched power for your devices. Probably more information than needed. But I figured I'd cover what I could just in case.

Okay stupid question, which wire is the auxiliary wire? I have a 2009, and  I'm also installing a fuze-block. I would like to put the FZ-1 in the glove box, so I'm looking for a + 12v wire that is switched on the front left side.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance! 

Never mind, I just answered my own question.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:19:06 PM by scgoan »