Author Topic: Installed - Fuzeblock, Gerbings, another Powerlet port...  (Read 15339 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Installed - Fuzeblock, Gerbings, another Powerlet port...
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »
Ouch! ::)

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 08:04:50 PM »
Zg,
Where did you get the waterproof covers for the gerbing hookup just below your seat on the left side?
The permanent controller on gerbing's website shows it comes with tiny plastic plugs, but I like your setup!
Thanks,
Bill

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 09:12:49 PM »
Zg,
Where did you get the waterproof covers for the gerbing hookup just below your seat on the left side?
The permanent controller on gerbing's website shows it comes with tiny plastic plugs, but I like your setup!
Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill, thanks. I got them from Gerbings, I posted the link earlier in this thread for em.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 11:11:07 PM »
Did you use the jacket this morning?  It was 27 in Roy at 8.  Past the chilly side.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »
Did you use the jacket this morning?  It was 27 in Roy at 8.  Past the chilly side.

Nope, I was actually shedding layers all day, ended up with my air flow gear on.  :o  Crazy PNW weather this year, no complaints, gotta love it!  :)

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »
Zg,

i ordered the dual permanent controller and the ports from gerbing yesterday. I'm looking at your photos and it looks to me like you have a portable controller powering the mounted ports. Will i need to do the same to replicate your setup?

Thanks,

Bill

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »
Zg,

i ordered the dual permanent controller and the ports from gerbing yesterday. I'm looking at your photos and it looks to me like you have a portable controller powering the mounted ports. Will i need to do the same to replicate your setup?

Thanks,

Bill

Congrats Bill!  :chugbeer:

The dual permanent controller and 2 ports came with everything you see in my pics.

Have you decided where you're gonna mount the controller knobs and ports??

I'm really liking where I have mine mounted, easy access for plugging in and the coil cords don't hit any paint while riding, and for adjusting temp while riding the knobs are right there for my left hand!  :)

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 12:59:15 PM »
Thanks ZG,

im thinking of putting the ports where you did and the controllers are probably going to be mounted through the black glove box panel.(i have 2011, in black, of course!) I figure if somehow i screw up the install, that plastic panel is gonna be less expensive to replace  :o . This looks like it will work perfectly for me. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Bill

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
Thanks ZG,

im thinking of putting the ports where you did and the controllers are probably going to be mounted through the black glove box panel.(i have 2011, in black, of course!) I figure if somehow i screw up the install, that plastic panel is gonna be less expensive to replace  :o . This looks like it will work perfectly for me. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Bill

No worries Bill, happy to help.

FWIW... I was also going to mount the controller knobs on that plastic spot you're referring to, but unfortunatley there is stuff already underneath that piece that made it impossible for my 09, maybe it's different for the 11 though for you...

Good luck! Post up some pics when you get er done!  :thumbs: 8)

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 01:33:53 PM »
Thanks ZG,

Bill

like this?

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
like this?

i was thinking having them stacked to the right of the grip heater, it there's enough room.

Bill

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »
like this?

:P  Oooh, I like that CB! Especially with the snow on there seems extra fitting for heated gear dials!  ;)

One other thing I did for mine was add some black nylon washers in between the plastic and the control knob nut, it gave it a little better look IMO and I felt it would seal a little better too...  8)

Son of Pappy

Offline MikeH

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »
Thanks for that link, I'll have to check my liner when I get home today.
Here is where I mounted my Gerbing setup, not the best to see where the knob is but you get the idea. Just make sure there is enough space underneath the plastic.

Offline udoggie

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 08:45:18 AM »
+1  (literally)  I mounted mine in the same location, but it was a dual port instead of single.

Works great, and is a good location for me.  I've never failed to be reminded that I'm plugged in before getting myself in trouble...   :yikes:

Jeff

Thanks for that link, I'll have to check my liner when I get home today.
Here is where I mounted my Gerbing setup, not the best to see where the knob is but you get the idea. Just make sure there is enough space underneath the plastic.

Aloha, OR.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena

I'll take cooler temps and roads with some actually turns and elevation changes to them anyday over flat Florida bro...  ;D ;) :chugbeer:

FL has the very best turns in the country.  We ride on Daytona, JenningsGP, and Homestead-Miami.  I escape during the summers  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

FL has the very best turns in the country.  We ride on Daytona, JenningsGP, and Homestead-Miami. 
Twice a year?  I didn't know FL had such short riding seasons ;)

Offline catsfive

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
Hey, I'm new, so, uh... what's that "compartment" under your handlebars, on the tank? It has a release. I'm still not sure what's under this panel, or what this panel on the top of the tank is for. The bolts keep calling me to unscrew them and look...

Son of Pappy

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:39 PM »
Hey, I'm new, so, uh... what's that "compartment" under your handlebars, on the tank? It has a release. I'm still not sure what's under this panel, or what this panel on the top of the tank is for. The bolts keep calling me to unscrew them and look...
Gen 1 C14s had a different glove box, AKA, sandwich warmer.