Author Topic: Android app in the play store for PCV  (Read 5313 times)

Offline lonekazoo

Android app in the play store for PCV
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »
There's a Power Commander V app now available for Android in the Play Store.  I've connected it up (Note 4 with OTG cable) and briefly played around with it, but have not sent maps or changed trims. 
Was out looking for a switch to mount on the bike to swap maps on the fly, maybe I better be looking for a RAM phone mount instead.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynojet.c3mobile

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Android app in the play store for PCV
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:53:34 AM »
That is good news!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:26:07 AM »
Thanks!
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 04:46:12 AM »
I hooked up to my Autotune last night with this app. I couldn't get into where the AF tables are at to make some adjustments, but I could accept the trims. Hopefully not being able to get to the AF tables was just an operator issue. If not, maybe they will add that feature to the software on the next update.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 05:28:45 AM »
Keep us informed. This toy might be the only reason I'd get a smart phone.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 05:36:39 AM »
Keep us informed. This toy might be the only reason I'd get a smart phone.

You can buy a cheap, used, old smartphone off Ebay and not even activate it with a carrier- just use it as a single-purpose PDA.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:03:11 AM »
You can buy a cheap, used, old smartphone off Ebay and not even activate it with a carrier- just use it as a single-purpose PDA.
I like that even better. Wouldn't I have to activate it to download the app?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 03:47:16 PM »
I like that even better. Wouldn't I have to activate it to download the app?

Nope.  Just connect via wifi.  Then set up a Google Play account (Gmail account) and off you go.  You might even ask around to some friends if they have any old smart phones lying around collecting dust.

Offline lonekazoo

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 05:42:52 PM »
Your Android device needs to be able to support OTG, which allows it to act as a USB host.  Many older phones and tablets aren't going to support this (like one of my tablets--a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3).  You'll also need an OTG cable.  I like the "Y" OTG cables that allow you to charge or power your device while connected to the USB device.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »
Your Android device needs to be able to support OTG, which allows it to act as a USB host.  Many older phones and tablets aren't going to support this (like one of my tablets--a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3).  You'll also need an OTG cable.  I like the "Y" OTG cables that allow you to charge or power your device while connected to the USB device.

Good info, thanks.  I didn't know if they were using Bluetooth, WiFi, or USB.   If USB, then yeah, you will need a somewhat recent device to support OTG, although it is nothing new.  I know my Nexus 10 (which is 3 years old), Nexus 5 (which is 2 years old), and EVO LTE (which is 4 years old) all support OTG.  So I am guessing 4 years and newer will be safe (but researching first is a good thing).

You can get super-cheap OTG cables from Amazon (be careful- many cheap cable vendors are direct ship from China and can take over a month to get your package!)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 06:06:16 PM »
OTG ?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 06:20:19 PM »
OTG ?

"On the go".  It is a way to turn a mostly end-device micro-usb port into a host-based usb port that can support "standard" accessories.... such as keyboards, mice, printers, flash drives, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

It can be done with a cheap $5 cable.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2015, 06:43:20 PM »
"On the go". It is a way to turn a mostly end-device micro-usb port into a host-based usb port that can support "standard" accessories.... such as keyboards, mice, printers, flash drives, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

It can be done with a cheap $5 cable.

Είναι ακόμα ελληνικά για μένα.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 08:09:25 PM »
Είναι ακόμα ελληνικά για μένα.

That looks remarkably like Greek...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 06:12:06 AM »
That looks remarkably like Greek...
My thoughts exactly.