Author Topic: Pulling flies and adding Juice Box Pro  (Read 11678 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Pulling flies and adding Juice Box Pro
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 04:32:53 PM »
Sigh....does it really come to this?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 04:33:40 PM »
Oy vey.   :doublepuke:

For the rest of us:   Link

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 04:34:48 PM »
Sorry, it is the best 'call a man a pig' quote that I know of. Do you have a better one?

:rotflmao:

Brian
Dude,
Very un called for. You say you keep things civil ?. Calling someone a pig ?. I'm Very disappointed in you as a Forum member  :thumbdown
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 04:56:58 PM »
IMO both these smart fellers are right on the main issues: Brian is right that OP did not ask about a flash. But I think Steve is right to point out the option of a flash, even if it's his flash, considering OP may get a superior result and possibly for less money; it's just that the delivery of his message is kinda forceful.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »
Well, then you probably would not like me in person either- cross meeting me off your bucket list. :-)

Steve and I do not like each other (in case that was not clear), and I gave up a long time ago on any type of human exchange with him. I normally do not respond to his 'leavings' (you may call them posts) but as he had to again 'straighten me out' and teach me the right thing, I did in this case. Go back and  read the thread but this time look at who is instructing whom on what that person must do, must not do, how to view various subjects and so forth. I gave no one any directions as it is not my place to do so but I was given direction on what I can and cannot do. I do not care for that treatment, especially when it comes from one who has proven to me that he is not nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

Go read 50 of my posts that do not include that other.... gentleman, and then go read 50 of his posts that do not include me. Determine the more despicable person for yourself.

Brian (in snowy Rhode Island)

Dude,
Very un called for. You say you keep things civil ?. Calling someone a pig ?. I'm Very disappointed in you as a Forum member  :thumbdown
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 05:03:59 PM »
In my own humble opinion, beyond forceful but instead obnoxious. As usual, hence my obnoxious response. I have been down this road many, many times.

"Good manners cost nothing."
-unknown but I suspect a wise person

Brian

IMO both these smart fellers are right on the main issues: Brian is right that OP did not ask about a flash. But I think Steve is right to point out the option of a flash, even if it's his flash, considering OP may get a superior result and possibly for less money; it's just that the delivery of his message is kinda forceful.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »
 ;D 

Brian

Oy vey.   :doublepuke:

For the rest of us:   Link

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 05:38:20 PM »
And on that note...lets just give it a rest for a bit..

Let's try it again and if it goes south, that's it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:28:38 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 08:07:27 AM »
your statement earlier in this thread "Trust me I've completely studied this from the inside, and even the PCV fuel maps have only about 25% of the data points that can be reached by flashing." is simply incorrect, either it is a mistake or it is a lie.

Brian

now that there's been a sifficient cooling off period, I thought I'd actually count the fuel data cells available to pcv tuning and flashing, and set the record straight with the actual numbers.

PCV - controls 390 fuel data cells

My ECU flash - Controls 1170 fuel data cells.

so I was in fact incorrect, the flash doesn't cover 4x the data cells of the pcv (it was a guess from looking at the maps) it actually covers only 3X the data points of the pcv  ::)  Steve

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 10:46:24 AM »
Regardless of the number of points in the grid itself, the full range of throttle and the full range of the engine's RPM can be reached with a Power Commander. The implication that some range of tuning is not available is not correct. All areas of fuel mapping are available, some with hard data inserted (Extra Easy Boys), some interpolated. It is the same way machines that use an X, Y, Z Cartesian system make circles and domes; they interpolate between the data points to yield what is a round surface using only a square grid for available points.

As I already said, I encourage everyone to look further into this matter before purchasing anything; it is not only fascinating but will quite probably yield a better purchase for the end user. Besides, learning is always a good thing, IMO.

Brian

now that there's been a sifficient cooling off period, I thought I'd actually count the fuel data cells available to pcv tuning and flashing, and set the record straight with the actual numbers.

PCV - controls 390 fuel data cells

My ECU flash - Controls 1170 fuel data cells.

so I was in fact incorrect, the flash doesn't cover 4x the data cells of the pcv (it was a guess from looking at the maps) it actually covers only 3X the data points of the pcv  ::)  Steve

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 11:35:48 AM »

As I already said, I encourage everyone to look further into this matter before purchasing anything; it is not only fascinating but will quite probably yield a better purchase for the end user. Besides, learning is always a good thing, IMO.

Brian

And to this we are in complete, 100% agreement.  :thumbs:  Steve

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 11:45:16 AM »
Oh, snap! For years I have been wondering where else in my life circular interpolation could come in to play, besides my VMC. Now I know!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 04:21:27 AM »
Oh, snap! For years I have been wondering where else in my life circular interpolation could come in to play, besides my VMC. Now I know!

This site DELIVERS!!!  :D :D :D