Author Topic: State Farm - Drive Safe & Save with In-Drive program  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: State Farm - Drive Safe & Save with In-Drive program
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 03:15:25 PM »
My phone is password protected and encrypted (work)... I wonder where the law stands when they ask for the phone, I hand it over, and I refuse to give password since it has access to work related sensitive information on it.  :o  Hmmmmmm.

Honest officer, for the life of me I can't remember that dang password.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »
My phone is password protected and encrypted (work)... I wonder where the law stands when they ask for the phone, I hand it over, and I refuse to give password since it has access to work related sensitive information on it.  :o  Hmmmmmm.

They go to your boss and tell him to give them access (under court order) and he tells you to give up the phone and the password or you could just say no and go to jail for obstruction. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 07:14:10 PM »
I had to go to a internet cafe clear across town, and use one of their "rentals" to post this, for obvious reasons.  You all DO know that all technology has LEO back door passwords built in to the base logic, right?  He don't need your stinking password, just a court order.  Sorry to crush your feelings of security.  Got to go, I think there's a black helicopter hovering in whisper mode just over the cafe entrance.  If you don't hear from me soon, someone PLEASE contact my wife and tell her what happened.
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »
Password protection is like padlocks, they keep the honest out.

Every droid, GPS, and iPhone/iProduct has a back door and a root password to it.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »
Really bothers me that some one would sell they're privacy for 10% savings. You can bet that this NOT for your benefit. Remember the movie "1984" ? It is here!!!!  Late but here.
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 01:23:15 AM »
My truck was made in '93, my bike was made in '93, and my cell phone is an LG101.

I'll upgrade the phone when it's no longer useable to whatever is the cheapest Virgin Mobile phone offered.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 04:01:59 AM »
My phone has only one smart thing going for it.....large numbers.  Both my wife and I don't text.  There isn't anything they (BB) could glean off my phone except whom I called.  The Prius, on the other hand, may be my downfall.  I'm now looking for a car with points...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.