Author Topic: Murph wants to talk to you  (Read 7861 times)

Offline Murph

Murph wants to talk to you
« on: March 28, 2014, 08:06:51 PM »
Hey y’all

For those who don’t know me, I am Gary Murphy, owner  of good ole Murphskits.com. COG member 2769, and a long time Industry Member.
There have been a few recurring topics over the past few years over some ..umm. , oh I don’t know, deficiencies? In my company.   I intend to address  these briefly in this one public posting as the motorcycle season is upon us, and I am sure they will come up on a forum or two., and I ask you to share this with those who may be interested.
First off, Murphskits is basically my wife and I . I work a a full time day job, and Patty pretty much takes care of the day to day order filling and such of the business, unless the grand kids are here  8).

Stumbling block one ,our not answering the phone.  If I am in the office the phone gets answered , if I am not here, it does not. A few years ago a customer gave Patty a undeserved abusing on the phone and,,hello,,that’s it, the CFO no longer answers the phone. The way of the world, the ossholes screw it up for everybody.  There is a plain massage on the answering machine that we do not conduct any business over the phone . Why?
Because our order process is dependent on orders coming via the web, our shipping labels and stock management need that information from our website.  If you call and ask to place an order over the phone, I simply log in and do it through the website.   Problem two is   the phone is the answering service, for many reasons, it’s a great source of frustration.. people call on cell phones that we cannot make anything out of the message, or simply talk in a manner that we cannot understand..some don’t even leave a call back number . Drop us an email please.  Doing business over the phone is highly inefficient.  For the time it takes me to walk through a phone over, ten on line orders can be processed., and given my schedule , I have to go with taking care of the most customers in the most efficient manner, it is the only sustainable  business model we can follow. 
The other issue I’d like to address tonight is email.. every single email sent to me via the murphs address is responded to, if you do not get a reply make sure your spam filter is not sucking it up. Believe me, I am on your side! Chit happens no matter how great a system is..I would much rather have you being a happy motorcyclist than causing you grieve over being my customer, I think our twelve years in the business proves that.

All the best
Murph
COG 2769
Industry Member
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:27:38 PM by Murph »

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: Murph wants to talk to you
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 08:20:30 PM »
Murph,

I've been one of your customers since spring of 2002 and to this day I had no idea there was any reason to complain about the way you do bussiness...

Good Day Sir!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:31:23 PM »
Never had a issue with you or Patty.....  Always got my orders speedy and complete.....Email contact was outstanding.....

;D
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline Murph

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 08:35:15 PM »
T my man!
I need to get up there and take a cruise with you on the big water.. I think that's going on my bucket list.

I got an email the other day from a customer letting me know how sub standard we are..and in a first for me I mulled over posting it publicly ( dropping the personal data) just to show the vender side of the equation..we have all seen the "bad vendor" postings on forums, I am thinking of putting a "bad customer"
one on my site  8).

I wish I had more time to pop in and shoot the ..breeze, I would have never guessed as I have slid past the double nickel mark I am more busy than I have ever been in my life.  But it is a good thing, not a day goes by that I am not appreciative I am on the green side of the grass..

great to hear from you

Murph

Offline Murph

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
Hello Missy..

8)  Thank you for responding too ..

murph

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »
Happy customer since 2004.
Thanks Murph

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 11:08:26 PM »
I've ordered a few things from Murph's, and have always been impressed at the speedy communications and shipping. In my opinion, you guys are great!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 06:27:49 AM »
Happy customer since 2002 or so.  Never had an issue.  Will continue to do business with him, although my buying has slowed somewhat these days.  Murph's is on the top of list of vendors for me.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
I always had great service when ordering from Murph too.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
T my man!
I need to get up there and take a cruise with you on the big water.. I think that's going on my bucket list.

I got an email the other day from a customer letting me know how sub standard we are..and in a first for me I mulled over posting it publicly ( dropping the personal data) just to show the vender side of the equation..we have all seen the "bad vendor" postings on forums, I am thinking of putting a "bad customer"

Hell post it here so that we can all have a good laugh and make some light fun of it......

Cause we all knows how the Murph operates!

First Class ~ Top Shelf
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 07:42:30 PM »
Hell post it here so that we can all have a good laugh and make some light fun of it......

Cause we all knows how the Murph operates!

First Class ~ Top Shelf

+1!
Gary,
I was grateful to you and VERY pleased with all your help when I ordered my Rostra kit from you!
I really appreciated how you were willing to swap out the switch you normally send with the kit for the one I requested that had the "engaged" light.
Thank you for doing that, and not even charging any extra.
Since it was installed over 18 months ago, it has performed flawlessly, and did again on an all day ride I took today! What a blessing it's been to me!

I guess it's possible to have some kind of misunderstanding, with anything ya do... But, as for me...
As far as my experience has been with your business... You guys rock!
Please give my best to your wife, and sorry to hear some jerk had to do that to her on the phone like that.

As a fellow small business owner, I totally understand.
Just know most of us love ya, and your site.
Keep up the great work!
Bob
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »
I always had great service when ordering from Murph too.    :thumbs:

+1...  :goodpost: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Stasch

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 06:59:23 AM »
Mmmmm....  A business who shares the same passion as the customer base provides well researched quality products that are priced fairly, include shipping, and are delivered quickly and accurately.  Its been done in a consistent manner over the years reaching the point of legend. 

In the rare event of an issue (I've only ever heard of this happening) its made right to the customer in a MORE than fair way. 

.  . . . . yeah, I'ld say you've got a business model problem there.   8)

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Keep doing what you're doing and don't let a few squawky wheels detract from what you do and what you have built. 

Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 07:39:59 AM »
/rant on

Some people just have to give other people h3ll just to feel whole.  I had some wanker try to rake me over the coals for a $7 bag of shotshell wads because there was tape on the bag.  He was worried  that he might not get all 500 of them.  I said "screw it", pulled the ad, and threw the wads in the trash.  Then he started chasing my unrelated ads on the site to give me h3ll.

Literally, if I need it for my Connie and you carry it, I buy it from you without looking at any other site.  And you're the only vendor that I use that gets that kind trust. 

If you've got some wanker trying to give you h3ll, they haven't purchased enough from you to know the kind of service and products that you provide.

/rant off

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »
man o man  Gary, I feel so bad that I been in C14 land for the last 6 years, and pretty much only needed tires and brakes since then....
I miss our long late night conversations, and  :-[ my new cell phone is missing your "emergency" number... boooo hoooooo :(

you're the best man, keep up the good work....  ;)  oh, I ought to give you my newest charge card number to write on the wall, next to the phone....heheheheeh (I know you had my old one memorized) 8)

:thumbs: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
Always been great to deal with, appreciate all you do for us motorcycle nuts.  :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »
I'm going to post this on ST-Owners... this has come up there as well... even if several of us give you "kudos".  ;)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
Nothing cooler than ordering an item on Murphskits and having it show up at my door the next day. For the things I need that you sell, you're my Go To Guy!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MichiGlenn

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 07:07:54 PM »
I'm new to the Concours, but have ordered from Murph's twice already based on the reputation on the forums.  Fair prices, fast service, an easily navigated site...he even explained the cryptic USPS delivery confirmation that said they'd delivered my stuff to the wrong state!  Definitely no gripes here!
2001 Concours
1977 Honda CB750K (sold)
1978 Honda CB750k (long gone)
1972 Honda CL175 (a fond memory)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »
I'm a happy customer since I bought my C14 in 2010. Not sure how many times I ordered from you but at least twice. As a customer I would rather order by web then by phone. Phone is a point of possible miss-communication. On the web I can see exactly what I ordered. Keep up the great work.