Author Topic: I can't wait to dump my Schuberth C3 Pro  (Read 7815 times)

Offline rcannon409

Re: I can't wait to dump my Schuberth C3 Pro
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 07:03:10 AM »
Wow.  I like it, but I can also see myself removing it and drop kicking it across the parking lot when I stop.  I dont mind earplugs, or headphones, but I think this thing went over the line, for me.

Also, I hate heavy helmets.  I'd pay 1000.00 to lose 8 oz vs gain gps.  The features HAVE to add weight, right?  I winder what replacement shields cost?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 07:15:06 AM »
I don't think this is a good idea. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. The military spends countless hours of training for pilots and drivers to be able to use HUD tech 'safely'. What in your wildest dreams makes anybody think they can focus on a HUD and the immediacy of the road at the same time. To the majority of riders on the forums and off one of the main threats to their safety are distracted drivers and now we will have the means to be our own worst enemy.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 08:10:44 AM »
Especially to those who can't walk and chew gum at the same time..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 08:18:34 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »
I THINK that rear camera is a distraction rather than a help.  Ford has a really good back up camera in their new service vans.  For whatever reason, they dont keep the camera active when you're driving forward. Is there a reason for that?

I never noticed a switch or anything that would made a rear driving camera view possible, in that vehicle.  I have an older Lexas, with aback up camera, and it wont either.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
For whatever reason, they dont keep the camera active when you're driving forward. Is there a reason for that?

Laws. Same reason you can't have a screen that plays DVDs for the driver to view.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »
This thread is fascinating me. For some of you that choose to remain old school, keep living in the past.

For the rest of us.....hello 2014 and new technologies, for the 99.99 % of us we welcome it  ;D

Bring it on. faster, lighter  bikes and super-high tech accessories  8)

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »
It's not a matter of remaining old school, it's more a judgement of what may or may not be a good idea.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 03:43:11 PM »
It's not a matter of remaining old school, it's more a judgement of what may or may not be a good idea.

OK I can see that point.

I use all this tech today and have for quite a few years, the lid just makes it easier/safer.  I didn't realize most folks don't use GPS, rearview mirrors, etc.  Guess I may be the one who was close minded  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »
Cool lid!  8)

But having to charge it would kinda suck... I wonder if you could charge it while riding, like into a powerlet port?  :-\

Son of Pappy

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »
Cool lid!  8)

But having to charge it would kinda suck... I wonder if you could charge it while riding, like into a powerlet port?  :-\
Solar panel?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 06:15:04 PM »
Would I buy it?  Probably not, but I do think it's a fascinating concept and would love to see it in action.  Thanks, Steve!  :finger_fing11:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »

Commuting in the bay area, I ride with a camera on every day. So I already have to plug in my helmet each day at work.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 08:28:51 AM »
It is interesting to see the new technology come to us in motorcycling.  If you look at cars, most of it has been there for  a while. Its going to take time to sort through what is important to us vs the anti-dive forks.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
This thread is fascinating me. For some of you that choose to remain old school, keep living in the past.

For the rest of us.....hello 2014 and new technologies, for the 99.99 % of us we welcome it  ;D

Bring it on. faster, lighter  bikes and super-high tech accessories  8)

I'm with ya on this. I signed up for the beta test. And yes I use a Sena SMH-10, android phone, Garmin GPS. But there are times I like to turn it all off and just the road and the sound of the engine makes me happy. This might make that actually easier. Just turn off the one unit.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS