Author Topic: Vstream owners please help  (Read 2324 times)

Offline ruffride

Vstream owners please help
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:47:35 PM »
I have read a good number of threads on windshields sorry to create one more.

Vstream owners 6’-6’2’ I have 3 questions for you. (Thank you for your time.)

When the Vstream is all the way up does the air go over your head/helmet?

Does rain or fog go over your helmet visor?

Can you ride with your helmet visor open?

I understand there will be those that want to answer these questions regarding the performance of other windshields. I appreciate your participation and pride of ownership however I would like to gather information on this specific shield from riders of a similar size. This information will be invaluable to help me move forward on my quest.

Regards,
Enjoy the ride

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Vstream owners please help
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
Vstream owners 6’-6’2’ [...]I would like to gather information on this specific shield from riders of a similar size.

Standing size doesn't tell you sitting size.  I sit the size of many 6' people, but I only stand 5'7".  And your sitting height on a motorcycle is also dictated not only by torso size, but arm length, seat type, sitting location, handlebar grip height/pullback/angle, and a few other factors.  Airflow also depends on if the bike is lowered or not and how much and where, weight of rider and gear in respect to center of suspension,  helmet type/design/model, head placement and angle.

Just saying :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ruffride

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
maxtog I read this same information here http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=18400.0  and understand the ramifications. My thought is that asking people to measure all of this and respond would not garner much response. I am trying to keep this simple as I only need a bit of information to move forward.  Unfortunately I could not find this specific information from the subject group I listed in the OP or I would not have stated this thread.

To those that have a Vstream and are between 6’-6’2” I do appreciate your time and responses.

Regards,
Enjoy the ride

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »
maxtog I read this same information here http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=18400.0  and understand the ramifications. My thought is that asking people to measure all of this and respond would not garner much response.

No prob... I just wanted to make sure you knew that people's responses based solely on standing height isn't as useful as you (or someone else reading this later) might have thought.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mntbiker-junkie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
For what its worth, I have a V stream on my 08 C14 and I'm 5'11''.  With the screen all the way up, it does push the rain over my head but creates another problem.  I live in the PNW and it rains a lot here.  With the screen all the way up, rain still comes straight down and I can't keep the visor clear because the rain just drips down the front without the wind pressure to clear it.  I have to lower the screen enough to have the wind hit my visor to keep it clear of rain

Tony

Offline ruffride

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:02:05 PM »
Thank you both very helpful
Enjoy the ride