Author Topic: Removing instrument cluster  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Removing instrument cluster
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »
I need to remove the instrument cluster so I can pad it some to quiet down some vibration. Can anyone educate me what all I need to do (location of screws, clips, etc)? So I accidentally mess anything up?
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Gearhead82

Re: Removing instrument cluster
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »
When I bought my bike I didn't like how loose the cluster was.  If you remove the windshield and the large black plastic piece underneath it (I think you also need to remove the 2 black side covers that run from the gauges down to the gas tank), you'll have access to the 3 (I think) nuts that hold down the instrument cluster.  I removed the 3 nuts and reinstalled them, adding a nylon washer to take up some of the slack.  The washer needs to have a large enough ID to where it will go over the stud that the nut bottoms out against and compress the rubber bumper.  It's difficult to describe without a visual.  I think the washers I had on hand were about 1/8" thick and had an ID of about 3/8".

I didn't completely remove the cluster so I can't help you there, but accessing those 3 nuts is a good starting point.  You may just need to disconnect the harness and lift it off after that.
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Re: Removing instrument cluster
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »
Thank you gear. That is a good starting point.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14