Author Topic: The Buzz  (Read 6737 times)

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: The Buzz
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »
Where did you find the KB bar adaptor?

Murphs of course.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 08:32:46 AM »
  The shot decreased the vibration quite a lot.  There is still some buzz, (but what inline 4 doesn't have) but nothing even close to what it was like before.  It was time and money well spent.
  What type of handlebar are you using, or is there anyone out there who has converted to regular bars have recommendations/knowledge what bar(s) are close to the same angle/setback, etc as the OE bars with risers?  It may be a mod looked at in the future. 

Jim, I also see in your web photos you have setback plates on your Connie.  How much closer do they bring the bars to you?

Those bars are Daytona GP bars from Bikemaster about $15 to $20. The setback plate is homemade and brings the bars about 1-1/2" closer to the rider. That setup may look unconventional (two sets of KB risers, a KB bar adaptor, and the setback plate) but it works great. 

"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline throb

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
Necessity is the mother of invention!   :thumbs:
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.