Author Topic: Some Minor Add Ons  (Read 3992 times)

Offline danl

Some Minor Add Ons
« on: July 02, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »
Over the weekend I rigged up my Sirus radio to the bike, and today I installed a Fiamm Freeway Blaster horn that I picked up at Pep Boys when I was out shopping for a dual port 12v adapter. I wired the horn in with a relay running from the battery with an inline fuse, tapped into the original OEM horn wires, and mounted it on the OEM bracket. The horn bracket has a large hole with a slot when you remove the rubber grommet, so I was able to manuever it around to make sure it cleared the radiator when I turned the bars, and that it was far back enough that (I don't think) full fork compression will let it hit the fender. 

I also took an old helmet visor and made a visor for my gauges. I used 2 pieces of double sided tape, one on the visor and one on the top of the gauges and then stuck the tape together, because I couldn't get just one piece to stick. I might end up going with velcro if it doesn't hold good enough.

Couple pics:

Sirius setup- basically, zip tied the car kit onto the top of the brake reservoir, ran the antenna line down along the handlebars and mounted it on the clutch reservoir. Line out runs into a battery powered booster amp in my tank bag, and ear buds plug into that. It works great. A little vibration but that's because the car kit has a suction cup on the bottom. I'm going to investigate modifying the car kit and come up with a better mount but this will work for now. 

The dual port 12v adapter I got. The end that plugs into the bike pivots.

Fiamm horn

Offline Alishiea

Re: Some Minor Add Ons
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:40:14 AM »
Your posts make me have much more knowledge that I never knew before.   

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:23 AM »
Your posts make me have much more knowledge that I never knew before.

And your posts are delicious of eating for food that is more betterer caloric

(spambot?)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:20:54 AM »
Hold off on the spammer comments until this is checked out...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »
And your posts are delicious of eating for food that is more betterer caloric . . .
:rotflmao: That's funny right there.
But hey the horn install, so it worked huh? Is loud?
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 03:06:33 AM »
that Sirius radio sure gives you an extra push with tail wind, doesn't it?  :o
I guess those '10+ bikes need it, after all...  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 07:33:28 AM »
How does the horn sound? Been thinking of installing a loud horn for awhile now. I've seen a lot on installs with the Sieblus the Fiamm Freeway Blaster is only $15.

sailor_chic

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 10:27:11 AM »
I installed the Stebel Nautilus airhorn on my bike and I'm pleased with it.  It far exceeds the stock horn. The stocker reminded me of the Roadrunner on the Bugs Bunny cartoons... mee, meep!