Author Topic: Driving lights. Between the two..............................  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Tele130

The "Hella FF50's" of the "FF75's".  Who's using which ones?  Pro's & Con's?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:35:45 AM by Tele130 »
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: Driving lights. Between the two..............................
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »
Well it looks like they are both 55watt H7 bulbs.  The 75's are 6.125" wide and the 50's are 4.625" it really comes down to appearance.  I have the 50's on my 02 and love them.  Very nice light pattern.  I'm guessing that since the 75's are a bit widder they may throw out a wider beam.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:57 PM »
I have read that the 50's are better than the 75's. they throw a better more focused beam down the road.
 The 75's are designed for more  tight narrow places. Which ever pair I get (for my new KLR)  you can bet it will get converted to HID. 8)
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
Get both and when you turn them on at the same time you will be able to see everything from near to far  ;)

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »
I have my 50's hooked up but have not used or adjusted them yet. I switched my HID headlight from my old Connie to my present. For some reason it seems to work even better on this bike. Can't see how the Hellas can add much but it will be fun to see. Also nice to have an extra light source.

Tell me more about this HID conversion Mike. Cost?
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
Got a chance to try out my 50s tonight. They really work well for lighting up the edges and ditches. Set them to show "eyes". With the HID shining way down the road and these the ditches I have some very good light. HID's for the Hellas, I can't imagine, might need these, 8)
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1