Author Topic: filling the handle bars  (Read 6468 times)

Offline Mettler1

Re: filling the handle bars
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »
 Let's see -- I have Murph's grip and and bar risers. Steve's 2MM, Exhaust cam gear and 7th gear upgrade. No vibes 'til about 90mph.  ;D ;D Just a couple bucks to go first class.
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline Lodogg2221

Re: filling the handle bars
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »
Well, I dont know how cost effective it is, or how much would be needed for the bars, but I had some heavy solder I used some years back to fill a steel pipe for use as a weight in the stock of my skeet gun for reduced felt recoil. 
Worked wonders there, and Id assume it would work here too.

I just melted a bit at a time with a small torch until I had a solid base, then I let er rip.  Filled a 6" pipe with it, full.  Have to let it cool every few minutes, because if you dont, you will have a BIG mess of molten solder....trust me on that...unless you have a solid end.
Cant get any better than that, as the final product should have no movement in the bar at all, which is what you are after, as any movement will negate the effect you are after. 
Of course I dont remember where I got that solder, and it was very thick, but Id guess any plumbing supply would have it, maybe even Lowes/Home Depot/Menards...

I never did anything to mine.  It had the Throttlemeister on it already, which while I dont care for the way it engages, the added weight is nice.
Ive been thinking of going to regular bars, so Im really interested in SISFs mount! 
Say what?