Author Topic: [Reference] Fuel filter  (Read 19821 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: [Reference] Fuel filter
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
Mo betta!  :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »
Just 'rebuilt' mine.  Filter was dirty compared to a new one.  I only had to take it apart twice...left an o-ring out and then didn't have the fuel level thingy in the right recess.  I have a 'newish' pump already in the bike and working well.  This is for a spare. 

This was an excellent write up.  I'll post the pics of the filter and the dirt that was in the housing in a bit.

It was a bear to pry the darn thing apart and then mating the new filter with the pump was very difficult as it was tight as a tic even after fitting it a few times outside of the housing.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it works if I ever have to use it in the bike.

Pictures aren't entirely focused but you get the picture.. ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:44:22 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
Excellent. I've also got a spare with a new filter ready to install at the first sign of trouble. May never need it but it's cheap insurance.

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 06:17:09 AM »
Outstanding contribution to the forum

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
This is an awesome posting!  Thank you!  Sure beats what I did on my 650(which was a similar procedure, but the fuel filter is permanently attached on the outside, so I had to dunk it in fuel from one container, and squeeze it like a sponge into another container until it was less black...)
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD