Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 730153 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2340 on: March 11, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
What about Texas?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2341 on: March 11, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »
You need to watch that video (which is both crazy and yet great).  Someone who is English *is* British!  (Despite that England thinks it is a country, as does Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland, they really aren't by most definitions.  It would be like Virginia claiming it is a country.)

It is a Commonwealth.

Commonwealth is a traditional English term for a political community founded for the common good. Historically it has sometimes been synonymous with "republic". The English noun "commonwealth" in the sense meaning "public welfare; general good or advantage" dates from the 15th century.

My mother was English, my father American.  I was born in England, not Scotland, not Wales, not Northern Ireland.  Look at the flag under my avatar.  It is the St. George's Cross.  It's not Scottish, Welsh, nor Northern Irish. I consider myself both US and English and in fact can claim citizenship to either the US or the United Kingdom depending on how the wind blows.  I identify with England proper, however.

Hope that clears up things.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2342 on: March 12, 2016, 01:00:54 AM »
And I was born in Virginia, and hence, a Virginian (and both my parents and all their parents were Virginian too).  And, Virginia is a Commonwealth too.  I like the Virginia flag/seal. 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2343 on: March 12, 2016, 06:31:22 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2345 on: March 28, 2016, 05:44:09 PM »
I like Scotch.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2346 on: March 28, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »
Isn't that like...bourbon gone bad or something?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2347 on: March 28, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
 :battle: :yikes: :rotflmao:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2348 on: March 28, 2016, 11:44:54 PM »
I consider myself both US and English and in fact can claim citizenship to either the US or the United Kingdom depending on how the wind blows.  I identify with England proper, however.
Hope that clears up things.

So you're half U.S. and half French-Norwegian then?   ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2349 on: March 29, 2016, 06:49:01 AM »
It's funny you should say that...did a dna thing with ancestry and that's basically what it showed.  Makes sense considering the British Isles were invaded by both the Vikings and the French (Normans) at some point, but what I don't understand is why there is just a touch of Polynesian in the mix.  How the heck did that get there unless it was through early exploration (easy boys) in the Pacific by the English?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2350 on: March 30, 2016, 06:55:08 AM »
It's funny you should say that...did a dna thing with ancestry and that's basically what it showed.  Makes sense considering the British Isles were invaded by both the Vikings and the French (Normans) at some point, but what I don't understand is why there is just a touch of Polynesian in the mix.  How the heck did that get there unless it was through early exploration (easy boys) in the Pacific by the English?

Fairly certain that the Normans already had the Viking in them, that is they were a mix of French and Vikings..."Norman" coming from "Northmen".
Now as for that Polynesian bit...well using the History Channel's "Vikings" show/drama as my source ::)..perhaps that lassie claiming to be the emperor's daughter
is more Hawaiian than Chinese?   ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2351 on: March 30, 2016, 07:34:55 AM »
I also found out that I had absolutely no American Indian dna as the lore within the family said we did.  When I told my cousin this she wouldn't believe it as the lore (lie) has been passed around for so long that she didn't believe the science.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2352 on: March 30, 2016, 07:36:37 AM »
Fairly certain that the Normans already had the Viking in them, that is they were a mix of French and Vikings..."Norman" coming from "Northmen".
Now as for that Polynesian bit...well using the History Channel's "Vikings" show/drama as my source ::)..perhaps that lassie claiming to be the emperor's daughter
is more Hawaiian than Chinese?   ;D
Are you implying that Virginia Jim has even MORE royal blood coursing through his veins?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2353 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59:00 AM »
I received two calls on my cell yesterday. One with a phone number of 0 and the other 0000000000. I'm pretty sure that the operator isn't calling me since no message was left and I didn't pick up. If the spammers are going to spoof a phone number shouldn't they at least use a 'real' looking phone number? 

I'm pretty sure that it was Rachel.    ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2354 on: March 30, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »
I received two calls on my cell yesterday. One with a phone number of 0 and the other 0000000000. I'm pretty sure that the operator isn't calling me since no message was left and I didn't pick up. If the spammers are going to spoof a phone number shouldn't they at least use a 'real' looking phone number? 

I'm pretty sure that it was Rachel.    ::)

My wife has been getting 2 calls a day from Rachel on her cell phone lately. The few times it has happened while I was there, I told her to hand the phone to me but she won't do it because she knows I like talking to Rachel:

Rachel: Am I talking to Betsy?
me in my lowest voice: yes...

or

Rachel: Are you interested in lowering your credit card interest?
me: actually I am concerned I'm not paying enough. How can I get a higher interest rate?

or

Rachel: Are you interested in lowering your credit card interest?
me: hey baby, what are you wearing?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2355 on: March 30, 2016, 12:31:51 PM »
Khakis..

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2356 on: March 30, 2016, 12:34:53 PM »
 :rotflmao: Took me a moment to get it... Jake... from State Farm...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2357 on: March 30, 2016, 04:53:41 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2358 on: March 31, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »
Are you implying that Virginia Jim has even MORE royal blood coursing through his veins?

Yes and no, too much royal blood and you get that weak chin inbreeding type limited gene pool problem, so no; however more royal blood from a different royalty strain
like from a Polynesian/Chinese/oriental royal family, well that would be a yes. It would explain a lot of what we see here.     

:P ;D

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2359 on: March 31, 2016, 02:20:48 PM »
Can we go back to Scotch (whisky) now?

Either that or Jameson's. I'm good either way.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90