Author Topic: ZX14 throttle body question  (Read 11616 times)

Offline sunnycoaster

Re: ZX14 throttle body question
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 03:20:19 AM »
Well done Tenderloin694.

It's great to hear of another TB mod success story.
My bike is presently sitting in the shed pulled down with throttle bodies removed and patiently awaiting the arrival of ZX Tb's en-route from the States to Down Under.

Would it be rude to ask if you would share your upcoming dyno map with the rest of us ?
Look forward to hearing the Dyno results.

Cheers,
Sunnycoaster.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 06:17:53 PM »
It will be this Friday when she's dyno tuned. I couldn't download that tune. But that's ok. I'll get it done at the dyno. Regardless. I appreciate your sharing Silverdammit ;D
So, how did she do?  When you get a moment please share the MAP on the MAP sharing thread ;D

Offline Tenderloin694

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »
Numbers didn't fare well like Silverdammit. I'm only at 137 to the rear. It was done locally with a shop that has a great reputation here in the SF Bay Area. When you see bikes racing at Infineon race way in Napa Ca. You almost always see his stickers on those race bikes. BRG Racing Dyno Services in Pacheco Ca.

The SOTP feels is night and day difference. The bike popped up on me shifting 2nd into 3rd. Prior. I only popped from 1st to 2nd. Now I'm am completely illiterate when it comes down to downloading a MAP or tune. If someone gives me some instructions to do it. I'll gladly share.

Conditions on the day of the tune where 104 in his shop. So I'm sure that didn't help either. She was running way lean with the original fuelmoto map for the full area P exhaust and BMC filter. He fattened up the mixture which I feel as the rider helped. I was initially at 124 to the rear with the fuelmoto MAP. So with the proper tuning he was able to get an additional 13 RWHP with the TB's.

And I'm feeling like Silverdammit now too. Not to his extent. But hurt my back and am bed ridden for a week. Sux getting old.
12 Arabian Red, ABS, TRAC, Full Area-P exhaust, BMC & PC5, ZX14 TB's Smoked signals & tail lite
tire hugger, Muzzy's fender eliminator,Corbin seat w/ smuggler. Top Block.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
I was initially at 124 to the rear with the fuelmoto MAP.

???

Stock from the factory is 133 to the rear wheel, so that makes me wonder on your numbers...  :-\

Son of Pappy

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
Save the MAP file in a location you can find (I like the desktop at first), copy it and then paste the MAP on the MAP Sharing thread.
I agree with Jay, numbers seem way low, like stock type numbers, and the stock numbers are lower as well.  Don't doubt what ya say, I just wonder if the numbers have been valued differantly?

Offline sunnycoaster

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 11:56:33 PM »
I must be blind. Where is the map file sharing thread?  :o

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:23:16 AM by sunnycoaster »

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 03:51:06 AM »
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 06:19:41 AM »
I must be blind. Where is the map file sharing thread?  :o

Thanks.

You must be as it's in plain view on the first page.  Actually had it stickied at one point.  There was hardly any activity so I unstickied it.  It's been on the first page for awhile.  ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Bogus1

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 07:13:49 AM »
I've been wanting to do this mod for a while now, but don't have auto tune on my '09. Thanks to Son of Pappy sharing his autotune map, I decided to go for it. Just snagged a set of TBs off e-bay for $100. The guy was taking offers and I really didn't expect to get em so cheap, but not complaining! Hopefully they will be here before the weekend.
Shout out to Son of Pappy for the map sharing and feed-back on this mod. (and for getting me to spend yet MORE money on another farkle!)

Offline sunnycoaster

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »
Thanks VirginiaJim.
                             I was looking for a sticky on this as an across the board map sharing post. But all is good now, thanks. :finger_fing11:

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
More parted out/wrecked/blown/grenaded ZX14s would be my guess.  One of the things they are doing is boring out the TBs to 47mm and knife edging or removing and plugging the secondary fly rod.  The stock C14 TBs are 40mm each and the ZX TBs are 44mm.  As far as I know the TBs are the same for each year ZX14, for reasons that exscape me I was informed that the fuel injectors for the C14 were superior to the ZX FIs, so I went with it and reinstalled the OEM FIs.  Works for me.
There is a sticky in the mod section with the MAPs.  Go for it guys, it really wakes the bike up when Mr Hooligan comes knocking.

Has anybody tried the 47mm TBs? Why aren't we using those?
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »
The 47mm are $500...
Colorado
2013 Blue

Son of Pappy

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »
Has anybody tried the 47mm TBs? Why aren't we using those?
Insufficient air intake.  It would require modifying the intake/ram air ducts to gain any benefit.  Now that we have seen multiple 161 RWHP I think it's safe to say this mod is worth the costs, which is really fairly low in the HP=$$ category.

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 02:56:05 AM »
Insufficient air intake.  It would require modifying the intake/ram air ducts to gain any benefit.  Now that we have seen multiple 161 RWHP I think it's safe to say this mod is worth the costs, which is really fairly low in the HP=$$ category.

Ah..that answers my question then!! Got a spare set of 45mm's which I was contemplating boring out to 47mm....so really not worth it then chaps?  :banghead: